2 spot goby

11eyes224

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone not sure if this is the right thread but here goes. I recently got a beautiful 2 spot goby for my 35g cube lps dominant reef its been up for a few months but i dont have a huge microfauna population and i know these guys are notoriously hard to feed any suggestions on what to feed him other than the normal brine mysis etc the lfs didnt say what they fed him so im open to suggestions just dont want to have him starve if there isnt enough in the sandbed. Thanks :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening, hope all is well

Love gobies.

Do you have a refuge in you sump or cheato that can support sand dwelling creatures they feast on? Mysis is good, but it should not be its only food source. If you can find black worms at a LFS on occasion they are great for them and most all others in the tank. LRS reef frenzy is good. I also feed NLS pellets that sink for him to find when he sifts the sand.

A good practice is to see him eat when you’d feed and have food for him available in the sand bed as well when not feeding. Keep a tight lid on the tank.

OP
OP
11eyes224

11eyes224

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening, hope all is well

Love gobies.

Do you have a refuge in you sump or cheato that can support sand dwelling creatures they feast on? Mysis is good, but it should not be its only food source. If you can find black worms at a LFS on occasion they are great for them and most all others in the tank. LRS reef frenzy is good. I also feed NLS pellets that sink for him to find when he sifts the sand.

A good practice is to see him eat when you’d feed and have food for him available in the sand bed as well when not feeding. Keep a tight lid on the tank.
thanks for the advice :) currently battling diatoms cant seem to keep nitrates low at about 20 at the moment but i added more bio media so we'll see nothing happens overnight lol

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob. Not much you’re gonna do on diatoms other than wait them out. Once the silica is depleted from the new build they will die off.

happy reefing

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 78.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back