Extremely skinny yellow clown goby

jacob4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this yellow clown goby a little over a month ago and he was really skinny at the time. I've been feeding him only frozen mysis and recently frozen copepods, he's showed interest in pellets but is too small to eat them. I've been getting concerned about how skinny he is and I put him in an isolation chamber because he is less competitive for food, but now he is just spitting out most of the mysis I cut up. I'm thinking of crushing up pellets and feeding that to him. Any ideas on what to do? Thanks

20240222_111134.jpg 20240222_110718.jpg

bryznsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crushed pellets is a good idea since he shows interest, mine takes to baby brine you could try that possibly

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe see if you can get a bottle of arctipods from reefnutrition. All my fish love them. I got a yellow assessor that my lfs forgot they even had. They got him in sometime in september of 23 and he jumped some how from the tank they put him in to a tank of inverts below (snails, serpent stars, leathers, and some xenia). Anyway he was skinny but not too bad. No idea what he had been eating, maybe pods? I have him in observation and feeding well now but at first he refused anything I tried. I picked up a bottle and he went right to it. After a few days I started with a squirt of the pods and added some flake and he started eating the flake too. He still wont take pellets they may be to big but he will eat most anything else I feed now. If you can get it eating again something anything once healthy may eat more things and more often. As soon as a drop of the arctipods hits the water everything reacts including corals.

OP
OP
J

jacob4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe see if you can get a bottle of arctipods from reefnutrition. All my fish love them. I got a yellow assessor that my lfs forgot they even had. They got him in sometime in september of 23 and he jumped some how from the tank they put him in to a tank of inverts below (snails, serpent stars, leathers, and some xenia). Anyway he was skinny but not too bad. No idea what he had been eating, maybe pods? I have him in observation and feeding well now but at first he refused anything I tried. I picked up a bottle and he went right to it. After a few days I started with a squirt of the pods and added some flake and he started eating the flake too. He still wont take pellets they may be to big but he will eat most anything else I feed now. If you can get it eating again something anything once healthy may eat more things and more often. As soon as a drop of the arctipods hits the water everything reacts including corals.
It sounds good but I'm not sure if I can get them in Australia, I've been thinking of trying live copepods though and culturing if that works

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get micro sized pellets for small fish like this, pellet foods come in different sizes for different sized fish.

Also get some brine shrimp eggs and hatch some brine shrimp. No fish can resist newly hatched baby brine, and it usually helps to transition them to other foods.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back