Yellow watchman goby and pistol

Timandkatereef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2024
Messages
33
Reaction score
8
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all

So I have a yellow watchman goby for almost two months and yesterday I bought a pistol shrimp. The concern is the goby, ever since I bought him he constantly gets into the back chamber of the 38 gal nano tank. Why and how is this possible? Yesterday I removed him from the return chamber and I placed him into the main display. He is no where to be found anywhere? Do I have a defective goby?
 
Shrimp gobies can get distressed without a shrimp. As long as he hasn’t paired with the shrimp, he might keep doing that.
So there is a shrimp in the tank now. Yet the goby did not discover the shrimp yet. Any suggestions on how he can
 
So there is a shrimp in the tank now. Yet the goby did not discover the shrimp yet. Any suggestions on how he can
The easiest way is to get them together and release them at the same time.

If you can catch the goby, you could try releasing it directly inside the shrimps’s cave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new