• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

2 wasted Mr. Coral visits and pics!!!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

911turbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went by Mr. Coral when I was in that area visiting a friend a couple of weeks ago and his store is about 35 minutes from my friends house. It was on a Sunday and they had posted hours of 11-3. I got there at 11:15 and the lights were out and the door was locked. So I didn't think much of it and decided to come back before they closed to check them out. I got there later at 2:30 and again the door was locked and the lights were off. As I started going back to my car a person came out of the back of the store and said that they were closing early due to it being slow and even if he let me in, it would take a while for the lights to come back on for the corals. He suggested that I come back another time. I left without saying much.

My question is what time is good since I tried 2 times in 1 day during there posted hours and the store was closed both times.

Then when Mr. Coral posted about renting out space I thought that it may be something worth trying out to move some frags. Then I started doing research on google and yahoo reviews and other forums. All I can say is that after reading those reviews from other customers and keeping in mind my experience trying to visit the store, there is no way I would trust Mr. Coral to manage my coral inventory.

Here are a couple of pics that I took from their front windows when they were supposed to be open. Is this a place you want your corals to live?

Just my thought and trying to look out for other hobbyist considering this leasing space.

Attachments

• mr coral.jpg
    mr coral.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 811
  • mr coral2.jpg
    mr coral2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 807

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have never stepped foot in the store or bought anything from them?

OP
OP

911turbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I don't live in the area, no. But I tried twice in 1 day!!! I should have an A for effort.

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he has some nice stuff at great prices. I would rather pay less for corals then more to have a nice couch and perfectly orginized store. We have those really nice stores here in Greenwich and you pay for that for sure.

Also If your driving a 911 turbo its a pretty quick drive :wink:

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a lot of people (including vendors) keep corals in those types of storage bins. And whatever you read online is hearsay IMO. We typically reserve this forum for those who have had direct experience with the vendor. I doubt they are the first small business to close early one day. While unfortunate that you couldn't get in that day, I don't see the merit in this review (just being honest). But you are entitled to your opinion.

OP
OP

911turbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a lot of people (including vendors) keep corals in those types of storage bins. And whatever you read online is hearsay IMO. We typically reserve this forum for those who have had direct experience with the vendor. I doubt they are the first small business to close early one day. While unfortunate that you couldn't get in that day, I don't see the merit in this review (just being honest). But you are entitled to your opinion.[/QUO

I did have a direct experience with them!!! He basically told me that he'd rather go home early than take my money!!! Also, the tubs are fine, but if his shelves look like that then what attention does he have towards water qualilty?

OP
OP

911turbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I do actually, because stuff like this happens, especially if it's not right around the corner from me?

Well, maybe im just wierd. I just thought that businesses should be open during there posted hours. Sorry for offending you. I will call next time I go to the grocery store.

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have an axe to grind? Funny how you just joined and you have this feedback. Seems fishy to me to be honest.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matter of fact we don't allow people to sign up and for their first post leave bad feedback. Why? Competitors being shady.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am going to open this thread back up so you can explain why you have two usernames and why you signed up with another username just to post this? Please give me an awesome excuse before you get banned.

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh snap!

Surf&turf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to his store. He has some great frags for the price. I got the Darth Mauls for $10,
and a free clam.

OP
OP

911turbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to open this thread back up so you can explain why you have two usernames and why you signed up with another username just to post this? Please give me an awesome excuse before you get banned.

I sent you a private message regarding the closing of this thread. Since you want to make our conversations public here we go. I opened the first one at around 6:30am this morning with a username brianarnold. I then tried to change the email address to one that I use more often. When I tried to do this it wouldn't let me log in. A wierd error message came up. So when I got to work I signed up all over again and it wouldnn't let me use the same username so i used 911turbo. Sorry if this looks fishy, but I was just voicing my experience with a vendor.

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can check the vendor feedback forum and see that we do allow people to leave feedback. We just don't allow people to sign up new multiple accounts and leave feedback. Maybe you can understand why since you did it.

OP
OP

911turbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, I am sorry for any inconvienence and if it looked fishy. I will be a rugular poster on here and will prove to be a productive member. Thanks.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm with you man. I hate when businesses don't play their role. I don't have experience with this vender and wont comment directly on them but customer service is big for me. If people can't be bothered to open a store on time then ill go some where else regardless of price. Its messed up that they wouldn't even be bothered to let you in. Customers should always come first regardless of how much they spend. Alright a bunch of stuff happened while I was typeing. I'm staying out of it, LOL.

Last edited:

mr.coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure when you came by but we are cleaning the store. So we lock the door while we are in the back cleaning up and dumping trash. I will talk to the guys. Pm the day you came so I can see who was working if you got there at 2:30 they should of turn the light on for you and I will have someone butt for that.

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back