20+8 gallon nano tank for beginner?

rongy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2023
Messages
689
Reaction score
467
Location
New York
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey, new to the salt water world. I’m looking to get my first tank. My preferred tank is the Red Sea 170 (43g), however, someone is selling a used Red Sea g1 nano tank (20g tank+8g sump) for only $400. I believe bot tanks use similar light/protein skimmer/pump, so the cost will be similar there. Is there a huge difference between 43g tank and the 28g tank? Should I persist on getting 43g tank? Concerned that I will regret soon for not getting a bigger tank
 
Buy the bigger tank! You won't regret having more space for fish and corals especially if the price point isn't that big of a difference
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new