20 gallon all-in-one diy

  • Thread starter Thread starter dan987
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Very nice looks really good. On the first pic of the cinder blocks it looks like the tank overhangs quite a bit. Is it pretty stable maybe consider putting a piece of plywood under it?
 
I had originally thought of putting painted siding on it. Im going for a clean look. I like the idea of painting the bricks, but I worry it will look too rustic. If I use lots of oil-based paint, it might look better. Im seriously considering it.

Also, trying to decide of livestock. I want a fish that is always doing something interesting. Not even considering firefish or damsels.
Perhaps a nice clownfish and anemone group. or maybe a small wrasse. I want something that isnt super common, but I feel like its all been done before.
i had a 6 line wrasse in my nano that was always up to something, constantly moving and looking around, cool little guy
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441332417.536428.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441332434.634777.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441332448.453583.jpg
 
Not often enough, according to conventional wisdom. I haven't done a water change in several weeks. I'm gonna step it up.
 
Well, I guess necessity is determined by the life you keep in there. Obviously SPS/LPS require more. But hey, the carpet looks happy, that's impressive!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new