Rating - 0%
0   0   0

punziracing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100% for the no testing...it works for me as well. I have a packed 10g and a 17G mixed reef and I also do WC once every 1-2 weeks as well, i do not feed as much but i do dose phyto daily and add pods weekly, i believe that helps tremendously in successfully keeping a reef.

I have been acquiring components for a new 40B AIO with a 10G refugium under the stand that i plan on transferring the 10 & 17 to, getting very close, the stand is almost complete...cant wait!

Love your photos, Can i ask you how you photograph your coral?

full tank.jpg

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree 100% for the no testing...it works for me as well. I have a packed 10g and a 17G mixed reef and I also do WC once every 1-2 weeks as well, i do not feed as much but i do dose phyto daily and add pods weekly, i believe that helps tremendously in successfully keeping a reef.

I have been acquiring components for a new 40B AIO with a 10G refugium under the stand that i plan on transferring the 10 & 17 to, getting very close, the stand is almost complete...cant wait!

Love your photos, Can i ask you how you photograph your coral?

full tank.jpg
I just hop up to the tank with my clip on ice cap lens. All pics were shot on my phone. I do a little bit of editing to touch up the white balance but nothing crazy. Glad to see the ‘madness’ method is working for other people too!

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s nice to be a younger reefer! Being a teenager and a girl, a lot of people address my dad when I go to fish stores and he’s like oh no I’m here because she dragged me here. He’s been a reefer for 40 years and originally introduced Acropora to the Houston area, talked with Julian Spring and Charles Delbeck as well as the Waikiki Aquarium and research institute in Hawaii so he definitely knows his way around a reef. But now I’ve taken over the house tanks since he’s getting old and has less energy than he did. It’s nice having him to go to for advice and stuff though because he’s seen it all. Really nice to have him to ask about how things are priced because he knows if something’s a rip off (like a Duncan for $30) or a good price (like a gold Octospawn for $100). I like being able to carry on his legacy as the reef guy.

Ah that explains it, reefing is in your blood.

Your desire to learn and the progress you’ve made in such a short time is truly impressive, especially for someone so young. I mean really... Your first tank at 6 months old looks like someone's second 3 year old tank hah. You go girl!

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that explains it, reefing is in your blood.

Your desire to learn and the progress you’ve made in such a short time is truly impressive, especially for someone so young. I mean really... Your first tank at 6 months old looks like someone's second 3 year old tank hah. You go girl!
Thanks!!! This community has been very inspiring to me!! Now I’m an honor roll student with 13 fish tanks (only 3 salt) and I’m still in the marching band and FFA! I live crazy, but it’s crazy awesome.

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!!! This community has been very inspiring to me!! Now I’m an honor roll student with 13 fish tanks (only 3 salt) and I’m still in the marching band and FFA! I live crazy, but it’s crazy awesome.
Getting to be quite a few Houston reefers on here now!

Awesome tank! One of 13? Wow.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank!! I had the same one for about a year , no where close to looking as nice as yours. I upgraded to the 25 lagoon about 10 mos. ago, lol a little more room. :)

Everything Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could have as many tanks as you, but 2 will do for now:)

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys! Couple newbies in the tank! 2 rehab patients! First is a nice Alveopora that’s got a big dead spot and less than stellar PE, I’m also suspecting that it’s at least somewhat bleached because it’s so white.
244CFB85-BB51-4D6E-9746-3BE78D7CF238.jpeg

Next guy is a orange hammer!! The head is really small and bleached but it’s sure to be a stunner! (My lights are very red to help the mangrove, so it looks pink but it’s actually pretty bleached)
3C98A710-3653-4D02-B3D5-5EEC4CAFCC24.jpeg
F533F92D-0B42-41A5-B1F1-1CC491327DE6.jpeg
Then my mangrove has got quite a bit of root now! Very excited to see this guy grow!
6E7C0C9C-F6FE-40B9-B5C5-C2769F7C980B.jpeg
E7C1E19F-D668-40E0-9448-C54F212D91AB.jpeg

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing looking tank! And I’m looking forward to see your 45 build too.
Thank you! I’m hoping to pick up a few more things for the 45 really really soon! I’m trying to figure out the clown situation and sourcing the fish because I feel like the tank could definitely use more nutrients and some movement!

I feel like I’m probably getting close to done with stocking on the 20, it’s starting to get overcrowded and I need to allow everything room to grow. The only thing I really feel like Im missing in here is a fire shrimp and possible 1/2 pom pom crabs. I’m kind of stuck on what to do with the barebottom against the back wall since you can see it but it’s very difficult to get your arm back there to maintain it. I’m thinking about scooting some cheap but nicely colored Zoa frags back there and leaving them completely alone to do whatever they want to do.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I really feel like Im missing in here is a fire shrimp and possible 1/2 pom pom crabs.
I wish I had gotten a fire shrimp. I got a coral banded and never see it. Also a porcelain crab that I never see. I actually thought it was dead for 4 months and Just trimmed my dragons breath today and when I took it out of the tank he fell out of it.

If I ever see a Pom Pom crab, I’m gonna pick it up. They are super cool.

Mark1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your tank. I just started to cycle my 20 gallon waterbox. I'm just north of Austin. We only have two LFS so I will be shopping online for a lot of my corals to find what I want. You have given me a lot of great ideas. Thanks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great-looking tank! I love that bta I'm seeing in the photos!

coolblueatx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank.! I have an IM 20 peninsula up for about 6 months now and hoping it will be half as beautiful as yours.

I have a question. Does the eshopps nano skimmer actually fit? I was looking at getting a skimmer but saw the dimensions for the nano skimmer was 4.5" but the middle chamber on the IM peninsula is only 4".

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank.! I have an IM 20 peninsula up for about 6 months now and hoping it will be half as beautiful as yours.

I have a question. Does the eshopps nano skimmer actually fit? I was looking at getting a skimmer but saw the dimensions for the nano skimmer was 4.5" but the middle chamber on the IM peninsula is only 4".
Whatever skimmer I have in here definitely fits, I guess that’s the model honestly I forgot. By far the best skimmer I’ve found, produces a lot of skimmate and is very reliable. :)

Back