20 gallon long stocking ideas

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup a 20g long and I wanna get some oddball or rare fish for it after I get it will established. I'm going to order some ocean live rock from Tampa bay to help with that. But here's my some of my ideas let me know if you have anything cool to add to the list.
Scooter blennie
Blue stripe pipefish
Possum wrasse
Jawfish
Neon goby

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of jawfish? Some jawfish like colder water and don't really last long in our warm tanks. Jawfish also need a few inches of sand to be happy. They are also jumpers.

How old is your tank? Pipefish are normally copepod eaters, so make sure that you will be able to feed it or it will starve.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d skip the pipefish, its hit/miss/tricky to get them on commercial/frozen OR wait a yr or so for the tank to be establish….still I’d skip//

You didn’t mention inverts, which will displace some bio capacity… I’d include a urchin and as for snails; I like nerites, some don’t… I also like Turbos but some live years, some don’t (the bigger snails whose shells spiral “UP” like a turban live longer it seems) … Seems trochus live a decent amount of time…

OP
OP
E

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of jawfish? Some jawfish like colder water and don't really last long in our warm tanks. Jawfish also need a few inches of sand to be happy. They are also jumpers.

How old is your tank? Pipefish are normally copepod eaters, so make sure that you will be able to feed it or it will starve.
Yea I'm gonna let it established for awhile the tank is brand new. But I have a refugium on my main tank and I culture pods. So food and care level isn't a big issue

OP
OP
E

Eoka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d skip the pipefish, its hit/miss/tricky to get them on commercial/frozen OR wait a yr or so for the tank to be establish….still I’d skip//

You didn’t mention inverts, which will displace some bio capacity… I’d include a urchin and as for snails; I like nerites, some don’t… I also like Turbos but some live years, some don’t (the bigger snails whose shells spiral “UP” like a turban live longer it seems) … Seems trochus live a decent amount of time…
Yea I have a 125g that I'll pull snails out of and maybe a urchin I got 2 in there. Also the main point if the tank is gonna be a macro algae pipefish tank. I would like to get some other species but I think they need larger tanks. But I have experience with tricky fish and can supply live food

Ghostyboythedog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup a 20g long and I wanna get some oddball or rare fish for it after I get it will established. I'm going to order some ocean live rock from Tampa bay to help with that. But here's my some of my ideas let me know if you have anything cool to add to the list.
Scooter blennie
Blue stripe pipefish
Possum wrasse
Jawfish
Neon goby
I'd pass the jawkish because they are tricky with there temptress you could do a black and white clownfish or the white snowflakes those are rare or a clingfish

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back