New 75g- help with stocking

taytay_1119

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I recently acquired this 75g clear-for-life tank and am needing suggestions/help with my stock list. The list of fish that I like and have interest in are:
  1. One spot fox face
  2. Bristle tooth tang
  3. Two-tone wrasse
  4. Multi color Lubbock fairy wrasse
  5. Adorned wrasse
  6. Yellow banded possum wrasse
  7. Pink streak wrasse
  8. Ocellaris clown fish
  9. Melanurus wrasse
  10. Carberryi anthias
  11. Chalk bass
  12. Green canary blenny
  13. Bangaii cardinal
  14. Green mandarin
  15. ruby dragonet
  16. Vrolik wrasse
  17. Blue/green chromis
  18. Randall’s assessor basslet
  19. Lemon peel angel
  20. Black nox angel
  21. Coral beauty angel
  22. Butterflyfish (vagabond or pearlscale)
  23. Skunk cleaner shrimp
  24. Cuc- turbo, trochus, blue leg/scarlett hermits, nassarius, conch, maybe a brittle star.
Now I know not all of these are compatible and will fit. I’m just having trouble figuring out which ones will work together. The tank will be FOWLR for now, possibly add softies in future. It won’t be set up and running until likely August ‘24 as I’m in rehab recovering for car accident. I’ve had a lot of time to think about this tank and what future plans are for it. I guess my questions are:
• What fish from this list cannot go together?
• What fish do you suggest that aren’t on this list?
• Which fish will not be suitable for this tank?

IMG_9858.jpeg
IMG_9540.jpeg
IMG_5528.jpeg

Gman83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Clowns, blennies, and cardinals no issues. The wrasses (I understand your not looking to add them all) will likely out compete the mandarins for pods, so you will need to supplement your pods a lot.

The one spot would likely get too big for a 75.

If you think you might add coral in the future, would likely skip butterflies. I'd only do 1 angel, and again if thinking of coral, I'd pick the coral beauty. The others may not nip, just seems from other posts the Coral Beauty less likely.

Someone with more wrasse knowledge can comment on whether your proposed wrasses would leave your cuc alone, or not

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not keep the foxface and tang together due to possible aggression. In my experience, chromis usually are aggressive to each other.

OP
OP
taytay_1119

taytay_1119

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns, blennies, and cardinals no issues. The wrasses (I understand your not looking to add them all) will likely out compete the mandarins for pods, so you will need to supplement your pods a lot.

The one spot would likely get too big for a 75.

If you think you might add coral in the future, would likely skip butterflies. I'd only do 1 angel, and again if thinking of coral, I'd pick the coral beauty. The others may not nip, just seems from other posts the Coral Beauty less likely.

Someone with more wrasse knowledge can comment on whether your proposed wrasses would leave your cuc alone, or not
Instead of the mandarin would the dragonet be better? If I do get the one spot it’ll be as small as I can get it. How long would it take for it to get full size? It’s the main one that I want. I understand though not all wants are obtainable. I’m not too keen on the butterflies anyways the boyfriend was. For sure only one angel. If not the fox face I’d probably to the lemon peel for that yellow pop. Yeah I’m wondering the same for the wrasses. I keep reading and reading on them and a lot of it is inconsistent, contraindicating.

OP
OP
taytay_1119

taytay_1119

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not keep the foxface and tang together due to possible aggression. In my experience, chromis usually are aggressive to each other.
Ok I might skip the fox then for now. I had some chromis before and they did exhibit the aggression but the tank was also 20g. I’d like to add a damsel but they’re ******s. Really I just wanted chromis for a blue or green pop.

krollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I might skip the fox then for now. I had some chromis before and they did exhibit the aggression but the tank was also 20g. I’d like to add a damsel but they’re ******s. Really I just wanted chromis for a blue or green pop.
A spriger's damsel fish is not aggressive and blue.

OP
OP
taytay_1119

taytay_1119

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any schooling fish I could have in the 75g? Kinda another reason why I wanted chromis.

OP
OP
taytay_1119

taytay_1119

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard zebra bar goby do well in a school, but I have no experience with them.
I have one in my 20. He’s pretty good, has his home under one rock and slings sand every where lol. I think since I have one in the 20 I might say no to multiple in the new tank.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back