20 gallon nano reef HELP

FriedReef TV

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2019
Messages
120
Reaction score
131
Location
Peachtree City
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a 20 gallon long nano reef. 30x13x13. I need a light(s) under $150 that can grow softies, lps, and gsp. It would be nice to have the option of adding sps in the future but it's not a requirement. I was looking at Chinese black box 165w led or using 2 aqua knight A029.
 
I am starting a 20 gallon long nano reef. 30x13x13. I need a light(s) under $150 that can grow softies, lps, and gsp. It would be nice to have the option of adding sps in the future but it's not a requirement. I was looking at Chinese black box 165w led or using 2 aqua knight A029.
Chinese box led are awesome if you want simple controls, if you want to spend an extra $50 I would go with and ai prime and you would be able to use it if you decide to upgrade to a bigger tank
 
Chinese box led are awesome if you want simple controls, if you want to spend an extra $50 I would go with and ai prime and you would be able to use it if you decide to upgrade to a bigger tank
Agreed. Check out the Real Black Box study thread in this forum by @Manose for some data on less expensive options.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new