20 gallon nano reef

derek170

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved everything from my 10 gallon aquarium to a 20 long in hopes to be able to house a pair of ocelaris clowns. I lost my firefish on august 15th to ick, so the tank is going through a fallow period. current corals are 2 blastomussa, and a hammer, aswell as GSP. would it be ok to add a cleaner shrimp or will it bother blastos? also anyone know what date it will be safe to add the clowns?

reef2reef1.jpg reef2reef2.jpg reef2reef4.jpg reef2reef3.jpg

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved everything from my 10 gallon aquarium to a 20 long in hopes to be able to house a pair of ocelaris clowns. I lost my firefish on august 15th to ick, so the tank is going through a fallow period. current corals are 2 blastomussa, and a hammer, aswell as GSP. would it be ok to add a cleaner shrimp or will it bother blastos? also anyone know what date it will be safe to add the clowns?

Hi, sorry to hear about your fire fish. It’s always tough losing a fish. I’m somewhat unclear what you mean by adding the clowns. If you’re waiting for the fallow to end, I would recommend anywhere from 6 weeks to 76 days. This depends on your temperature in that tank with 27 Celsius pointing to the lower end of that period.

OP
OP
derek170

derek170

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, sorry to hear about your fire fish. It’s always tough losing a fish. I’m somewhat unclear what you mean by adding the clowns. If you’re waiting for the fallow to end, I would recommend anywhere from 6 weeks to 76 days. This depends on your temperature in that tank with 27 Celsius pointing to the lower end of that period.
Yes I meant when will the ick be gone so its safe for the clowns. Thanks for the advive, Ill wait until November first. The water is kept at 78.

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I meant when will the ick be gone so its safe for the clowns. Thanks for the advive, Ill wait until November first. The water is kept at 78.
Okay awesome! If you’re going to wait until November 1st, I would recommend increasing your temperature to 82 degrees instead as research shows it is more likely to kill the ich in that time period. I’m fallowing myself at the moment and the biggest nightmare would be to see Ich again after waiting for so long

Bankertanker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey,

What kind of filtration are you running on the tank?

Also how is the tank coming along?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back