Current and cant find the right flow

Alikalc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bio cube 14 gallon. I’ve been up until this point only using the stock pump in the back, which seems to be the right amount of flow. But everything I’ve read and seen everyone adds another powerhead. But when I do that, my hammers start looking like they’re getting whipped no matter what placement I do with the powerhead and no matter what angle I do it at. Should I get enough adequate flow just from that one pump in the back. Sorry for the silly question I know it’s probably been answered 1000 times but the hammer seem to be doing fine. The GSP seems to be doing fine and the Zoe’s are doing fine and I have two little clowns, kicking it like nothing‘s wrong.
 
IMO if everything is fine then everything is fine, I wouldn't try to increase the flow "just because" since you kind of seem against it. IMO flow requirements change as your reef grows, and when the tank fills put more then maybe you will find that you need more flow, but don't hurry about it if you don't feel to. IMO. good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new