20 gallon reef tank

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a 20 reef tank I have 20 pounds of live rock/live sand a 20 filter and three Dalmatian Molly’s to cycle the tank on of the mollies gave birth do I leave them in there or take them out and what do I need to buy next to have a full coral reef tank.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I’d update all you guys on how it’s doing my 20 gallon long tank has got two clown fish, a toadstool coral, a Duncan coral, a hair mushroom coral, Pandora zoa coral, mushroom coral, a BTA, and last but not least a RFA! I have a USA orbit current marine light Bluetooth with two power heads and has two colbolt heaters. I appreciate your help with this tank as my last ones sucked this one has turned out very nice

Upvote 0

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I’d update all you guys on how it’s doing my 20 gallon long tank has got two clown fish, a toadstool coral, a Duncan coral, a hair mushroom coral, Pandora zoa coral, mushroom coral, a BTA, and last but not least a RFA! I have a USA orbit current marine light Bluetooth with two power heads and has two colbolt heaters. I appreciate your help with this tank as my last ones sucked this one has turned out very nice
I wanna know how the BTA is doing with that many corals and those lights. I wanna get one for my 20 gallon tank. I upgraded my lights recently from the strip to the R24.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing fantastic all I did was added it to the tank I made sure to put him in a crevasse between the rock he moved around for about a day or two then he found his spot also as he moved I moved my coral out of his way

Upvote 0

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing fantastic all I did was added it to the tank I made sure to put him in a crevasse between the rock he moved around for about a day or two then he found his spot also as he moved I moved my coral out of his way
My toadstool is the only one that uses the rock to get grip. I just hate ripping it out from the place. How are the lights are they sufficient enough for the bta. Cause when I got them I saw no growth on my softies or it was too slow to notice.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had him for a month and he’s doing just fine under it actually he kind of his under the rock at first because there was two much light

Upvote 0

Danroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm they do like lots of light unless being fed. I just don’t have to worry about feeding it with these lights.

Upvote 0

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started a 20 reef tank I have 20 pounds of live rock/live sand a 20 filter and three Dalmatian Molly’s to cycle the tank on of the mollies gave birth do I leave them in there or take them out and what do I need to buy next to have a full coral reef tank.
buy coral

Upvote 0

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks need much stability until they’re ready for coral, and that requires weeks of waste and nutrients. I’d recommend adding more crustaceans and a few fish before even considering corals.
they wanted a full reef tank so i was telling them the logical next step. their tank should be established by now.

Upvote 0

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think what you think is coraline looks a lot like cyano in those pics to me. Do you have a fts? Good test kits for magnesium, calcium, alkalinity and phosphates? You'll need to know all those numbers for the corals you have. How long have you had the bubble tip? I read through this whole thread and I'm a little confused as to what has actually been implemented. Are you using a reef salt? Did your pH come up? Rodi water? What light do you have? What powerheads?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back