20 long: First Saltwater Tank

I have one last picture to add. It is the newest and final fish that will go in the tank (despite what my first post states), a white banded possum wrasse (Wetmorella albofasciata).

DSC_0010 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr
 
I love possum wrasses...though they tend to hide alot...

They are fairly uncommon around here, so I'm glad I found one. It is neat to watch cruising the rocks for food. Surprisingly, this one didn't go into hiding when it was added, but none of the other tank-mates are aggressive.



One thing I forgot to mention in the update, I did lose the smaller of the two clown fish when one jumped out overnight (nothing wrong with the tank, so I'm guessing it got startled). Since that happened I redid the mesh top so there are not any spaces that a fish can jump out. This is good since the yellow assessor basslet likes to jump when it is going after the food.
 
The Acanthophyllia has undergone some significant color changes since I first got it. It is still healthy though.


I picked up a new torch coral and had to rearrange things a bit. The torch was stinging the frogspawn, and the frogspawn closed up a bit. It is recovering just fine though and the torch has its own open area now. Dumb mistake on my part, but lucky that I caught it happening before it got worse.


No name zoa colony. I'm thinking they are alpha and omega zoas, but I am not positive.






 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new