Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps that is my plan.....;)

The biggest problem with these guys is that their teeth grow at an alarming rate compared to other puffers, so they need very crunchy foods, and trimming their teeth is nearly unavoidable, and definitely a difficult task for a two inch fish. When they reach 5 inches, I’d imagine it wouldn’t be so difficult. Luckily I haven’t had to trim their teeth just yet, but the beaks are surely getting there. I’ve heard it’s not fun to do.

JayStro81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone got freshwater tanks they’d like to share?
I ran a planted tank for about 6 months. Ironically, it was a "20 long", lol. I broke it down and swapped it out for a nuvo 20 AIO and it's currently my 2nd reef tank. I personally found keeping the planted tank more tedious than a reef. As beautiful as it was, I decided it wasn't worth the effort. 20201113_195400.jpg

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks so skinny compared to its marine counterparts. I'm used to seeing fat, chonky puffers. They are cute though
Lol, true. This particular species is actually unique from other puffers. Their species name is colomesus, which means “deformed back”. They have a more slender and bony build because they come from extremely fast streams in the Amazon. Because of this, they also have no territorial instincts so are often nicknamed the “peaceful puffer”. They also carry saxitoxin rather than the usual tetrodotoxin.

Back