200 Gal Cycle levels and Fish

Bichito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,

My new 200 tank is cycling since 4 weeks ago, evey looks great and I used a mix of wate from my cube aquarium.

right now my levels are:

PH 8
Nitrites 0.1
Ammonia 0.0
Nitrates are around 100

Im new in this of the cycling, not much support locally where each reefer thinks diferent.

2 weks ago I turned the lights off because of excessive algae on the rocks.

So, when can I add the first fish to help the cicle to finish?

Sorry if is a repeated thread

I really appreciate the support

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cycle is finished a while ago. Nitrite is no longer factored in cycling

your main choice now is based on fish disease controls, those decide when you can add fish as the tank is ready

to choose a disease protocol you’d study the fish disease forum all day today, learning about quarantine and fallow before adding a single fish

OP
OP
Bichito

Bichito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

your main choice now is based on fish disease controls, those decide when you can add fish as the tank is ready

to choose a disease protocol you’d study the fish disease forum all day today, learning about quarantine and fallow before adding a single fish
Thanks Brandon , I really apreciate your help

OP
OP
Bichito

Bichito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brandon, any specific link to study???

Do I need to do a water change or just do a regular drop climatization and drop the clown ??I suppose the fish will help to start the nitrates to drop.

Thanks again

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

approaching 20 pages testing out specific start date reef tank cycling, no tests needed. we factored your time underwater, duration and additives to arrive at the known ammonia control date :)

your surface area was deduced by the fact you've kept and fed fish multiple times over a month, it requires active surface area to be present to not crash while doing that.

and good bottle bac usually

nitrite can be retired permanently, don't own the kit. the reason you're seeing a work thread vs a peer reviewed link is because bottle bac sellers write current cycling rules, that above is free cycling science which is totally opposite of for-sale cycling science.

nitrite matters 100% in todays cycling because bottle bac sellers have something to sell.

you would cease both ammonia testing and nitrite testing going forward here since the cycle is done

you can test for nitrite and it ranges high to low across tanks, new and matured, so there's nothing to pinpoint regarding nitrate it runs both very high and very low across all kinds of successful reefs. I know successful Zeovit systems running 0-1 nitrate and I know Paul B's old system running sps and 156 ppm nitrate, aiming for a given nitrate level is pure guess, nothing to do with cycling if that helps in planning any. focus 100% on fish disease control prevention, fallow and quarantine.

OP
OP
Bichito

Bichito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

approaching 20 pages testing out specific start date reef tank cycling, no tests needed. we factored your time underwater, duration and additives to arrive at the known ammonia control date :)

your surface area was deduced by the fact you've kept and fed fish multiple times over a month, it requires active surface area to be present to not crash while doing that.

and good bottle bac usually

nitrite can be retired permanently, don't own the kit. the reason you're seeing a work thread vs a peer reviewed link is because bottle bac sellers write current cycling rules, that above is free cycling science which is totally opposite of for-sale cycling science.

nitrite matters 100% in todays cycling because bottle bac sellers have something to sell.

you would cease both ammonia testing and nitrite testing going forward here since the cycle is done

you can test for nitrite and it ranges high to low across tanks, new and matured, so there's nothing to pinpoint regarding nitrate it runs both very high and very low across all kinds of successful reefs. I know successful Zeovit systems running 0-1 nitrate and I know Paul B's old system running sps and 156 ppm nitrate, aiming for a given nitrate level is pure guess, nothing to do with cycling if that helps in planning any. focus 100% on fish disease control prevention, fallow and quarantine.
Thanks Brandon

so Basically nitrates are not going to kill the fist fish?
regards

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it's true Pauls tank runs 150 ppm at times he's said, zeovit tanks run very low its all an acceptable range

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back