2008 Spring Event " Got Frags"

Would you Attend this Spring Event " Got Frags"?

• yes

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to start a poll on this event, so we can get an estimated head count for booking a venue. We don't wanna book a venue for 500 people and 40 people show up. If the turnout is gonna be smaller we will book a smaller venue. Maybe just have a poll saying " Would you attend this spring event?"

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys should also start a poll in the richmond forum, but before you do.......you should really try to figure out a firm date

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Date depends on Venue availablity. We are shooting for March.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Date depends on Venue availablity. We are shooting for March.

yeah, i understand. but i know with the Richmond people.......you aren't going to get answers unless you have a firm date.

as far as a venue in richmond....no clue. the convention center in downtown is way overkill, plus it will be quite expensive i imagine. people from out of town may have a hard time getting to it since its smack in the middle of down town.

i'm really not sure what to tell you. what ideas have ya'll come up with?

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd probably be better off trying to get a ballroom/meeting room at a large hotel. The big places will typically have multiple meeting rooms with collapsable walls separating them so they can open it up to suit the size needed.

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surrounding area to richmond would be easier to navigate. As for Venue, Convention center would be nice but not enough time for that one, If you are going to host at a huge place like that it needs atleast 4-6 months of planning and to get the word out. As for venue we are looking at spaces that can fit anywhere from 150-300 people.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of things to think about...You need a venue that won't mind a little water spillage - usually hard floors not carpet. Also make sure there is plenty of power - alot of people want to bring small tanks 10-40 gallon to set up with pc lights. Also access to fuse panel in case a fuse blows ( happened at our local club swap.Not fun if you don't know where the fuses are !!) raffles, raffles, raffles - these help bring people in more than just about anything. Also once you get a deff date put up a thread on most of the club forums that are even kinda close. Get people talking about it. Here, RC, living reefs etc - the more the merrier!! it is a lot of work but it is soooo worth it when it all pulls together

Sorry if this sorta bounced around - just brainstorming from our swap

Patrick

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the ideas. We are working on a venue now. We want this planned to a T so the end result will be perfect.

OP
OP
MrPicasso

MrPicasso

Chalice Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Art Studio spaces, hotels, Universities, Banquet Halls.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 76 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.0%
Back