Who's going to The Living Reef?/Juicy Corals

JUICE

Certified Aquaculture
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to get a head count and see who all was coming down to see if it was worth having a swap meet and bbq on sunday. Technically we were inviting everyone out on Saturday and Sunday, but if enough people want to come out on Sunday and bring thier used or unwanted gear to trade for other stuff, or have a pesky fish or coral that someone else might like,. then we can make sunday a BBQ/ Happy Retirement for Juice / Swap Meet / north Seminole and Volusia county get together. Most of the ORCA meetings have been deep in the heart of Orlando and it's been a far drive to the meetings, plus with my surgeries and VA appts and helping out Jonathan and Becky and watchng the little guy, I haven't really been in touch with the outside world. I figured that if enough people were willing to come out and clean out the garage or tank to bring for trade or sale or whatever, I'd spring for some burgers, dogs, chips, dip, etc and make it a full fledged swap meet BBQ for the Deltona Area Folks. It's been an aweful far drive for us the last meetings and I've been so busy cutting through government tape and passing off the business to Becky and Jonathan now that I'm 100% disabled ( wOoT! ) and can;t draw a paycheck, that I find myself missing my fellow reef geeks. I don;t care if you;'re an ORCA member or a BARS member, or a South Florida club member, or not a member at all. If you have a Reef Tank or a Fish Only Marine tank, how bout you come on down Saturday and Sunday and have ourselves a super swap and maybe a BBQ with free food,. drinks and BYOB?

Since Saturday is like now.........maybe today we can get a head count and maybe what you might be bringing for trade. If you have a fish that's too big for your tank and wanna trade it for someone elses coral, or have pumps or powerheads or skimmers laying around in the garage, why not bring whatever........we have tanks to hold fish or corals.....plenty of space to cook up some burgers, dogs, chips dip, sodas, water etc and all get together and have a little fun!

maybe you can even post in this thread what you have to trade and work out some pre trades and such today and come on down tomorrow and have a super swap meet BBQ? Happy Retirement Juice party!!!! Yep That's right! I'll still have my arms in the tank as much as possible cause it's like theropy for me....doctors orders! But I'm officially out of the business, as I am now 100% disabled permanent from wounds incurred in Iraq and Ganny land in the US Army......plus I just set up a wicked cool display tank that I wanna show off!

Since we are the first exit over the St Johns river bridge (Doyle/Debary rd near saxon) we are kinda central to Seminole and Volusia county. Plus I'd like to see people trading whatever they like! corals, fish that have outgrown their tanks or are a bit too aggressive. like a super swap get together BBQ. frags fish, gear, inverts.......whatever. and if I can get a good head count, I'll spring for food and drinks!

Just lemme know who's gonna come and what they have to bring and maybe Saturday we can all arrange trades for livestock or gear, then Sunday show up and fire up the BBQ grill at about 2pm and crack open a couple cold ones and talk shop. I've been cut off from just about the entire world except for the FedEx place, The VA, and My living Room....though I did toss up a pretty banging display tank! I'm officially 100% permanently disabled so I'm officially out of the coral biz, though Drs orders tell me to keep my arms in my tanks as much as possible as therapy, so I do a lot of volunteering now.

anyhow. We were supposed to throw a shindig Saturday and Sunday, but I move real slow and we've been behind schedule and we have absolutely nop idea of who and how many people will show and if they will bring anything to trade. We have oxygen, extra tanks and stuff for fish and coral, power to check pumps and such, so I figured that if I could ge a head count today, then maybe I could run to sams and throw a BBQ tomorrow.

So Who's gonna come? We are gonna do the dang thing on sat and sunday, but I figure today people can RSVP and work our pretrades then sinday we can cook up some food and crack open some cold ones and get down and party (BYOB) food and drinks are on me. TLR is calling it a "coming out sale" for the weekend, but the cafe next door closes at 2pm, so I figured that we could turn it into a super duper swap meet/Juice's 100% disability retirement party/BBQ/Social event for the whole family. I even threw up a brand new 90G display tank to show off fer ya!

you can either email me at [email protected] to let me know who is coming and what they might be bringing and I can make a list and post it here in this thread or in this one:

Orlando Reef Caretakers Association Forums-viewtopic-The Living Reef "Coming Out Sale" Oct 10th

Maybe some people can work out pre trades, swap frags, get some fish to a better home,pick up gear for cheap cheap or trade, while eating some BBQ, cracking open a cold one (BYOB) and talking tanks.

I think Becky and Jonathan are gonna run a sale posted in the sponsors forum on ORCA on Saturday and Sunday, but I figured that the folks that wanted to snipe corals fromthe store could go sat while we work on getting a head count and a list of stuff for trade and kick the party off on Sunday from noon to 6.......BBQ at about 2pm my treat if there is enough interest. I know that deltona is the 3rd largest city in Florida and a crap load of people have tanks and want to meet and learn from others in the hobby, but many meetings are just really a heck of a drive, especially for the OCala and Ormand Beach folks. Since this location is just north of the St Johns river bridge on I4 and between skips shoes and boots and the 7-11 on SR 415, its easy access for osteen, deltona, sanford, daytona, ormond, longwood, winterpark, sanford,,,,and about the same distance drive for everyone. so what do you say? you down for a BBQ/Swap meet/retirement party/meet and greet?

if you wanna post extra gear, fish or corals that have to go here for the swap bbq party deal, that's cool, or you can post it on the ORCA boards, or you can email me and I'll get a head count and a list of second hand stuff that will be available for trade and post it up.

the phone number address and hours are on my...well....becky's site (click on my red house)

I guess the deal will run sat and sunday, but I figure we can use saturday to get a head count and list of for trades and I can go to sams and get food and drinks today and have it ready to fire up sunday at 2pm.

so who's interested in coming? If Saturday is better for more people, I'll hustle up and make it happen later today at 2pm, but I figure there will be some people that are like "the early bird gets the worm" that will be there at 10am Saturday and others that would rather see who's gonna go and what ppl are bringing for trade besides the regular store stuff and maybe invite some friends that have tanks or are interested in getting into the hobby and maybe invite some friends that aren't in the club, and Jonathan is gonna email his list of people who aren't ORCA members, so there will be fresh faces as well as the ones that we see all the time. Plus Matt has to come now that he's Public Affairs :p

So who's in? or should we push it back a week or what? input? I want this thing to be fun for everyone and beneficial to everyone so you guys are the boss. If you're free Sunday noon to 6.......shout out......if you think next weekend would be better.....speak up! and lets get a list of stuff up here that's wanting to get swapped!

Juice

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back