200G Move with Livestock - Help with Plumping~! (Up the Wall)

Aessedai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I am planning to put in a 200G tank in my living room on the ground floor of my house. I would like to place my sump in the garage (about 50 feet away) but have no crawl space under the house so plumping would need to go overhead between the first and second story, then come back down in the garage into the sump.

I understand a normal drain design wouldn't work, any suggestions?

One idea could be using a overflow sump below the display tank to house a pump to force water up the wall and to the sump in the garage. The under-display pump could be matched closely to the return flow with high/low water level sensors to supervise as the to-sump/return flows would be slightly different. High water level increasing flow rates on the to-sump pump, low water level sensor reducing output. I havn't used an apex but am familiar with programing. Does Apex have this functionality and does that sound like a good idea?

Would need to also supervise the return pumps so a failure on either end wouldn't overflow any of the tanks. Water level in the sump may also be tricky to keep constant?

Don't want to reinvent the wheel here, has anyone seen a system designed like this before?

I have two weeks to get the house ready for the tank, we are picking it up about 2 hours away and it includes livestock (about 10 fish). We have a 55g (4ft) up and running that has 5 fish in it so I should be able to house them temporarily while setting up the new tank.

Would appreciate any advice.

Plumbing.png

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back