2016 Apex Connectivity Issues

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even with resetting mine won't work. I have to connect a hardwire to get it to connect and running. Then once I put the wireless back on it works for a while. But I looked through the errors and I have 26 dropped connections in 24 hours so apparently it's fixing itself some times. But something has to be causing the dropped connections. I have full bars on my Apex wifi router. It's litterally 14 feet from an arris surf board (also fairly new) and my wifi is gigabit running 130mbs consistently. I'm lucky because the cable hub is across the street from my house. I have great internet.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having other stupid stuff happen too. I was getting alerted over and over earlier today aabout my LEAK probe being closed. Got home and no water anywhere in sight.

IMG_0870.PNG
IMG_0871.PNG
IMG_0872.PNG

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
...But when I connect directly with a 20ft wire and restart it works fine. ...

Ahh, Quality copper pairs never ceased to amaze me :)

I would consult professional installers; wires can be run through places average folks never think of.

I've run tens of thousands off feet of ethernet in past 2 decades. What appers nearly impossible at first glance when I've walked into whatever place that needed me, ended up with jacks on walls and patch panels in other places. Homes are harder because people live there so its messy. Except for my own stuff, I refuse to do houses unless walls are still open, exposed wires are not-an-option for me. I freak out when I see wires taped to walls.

Did you try a different router to rule things out? Only then Neptune could no longer point fingers at it.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that I have completely changed routers and don’t have any issues with any device using WiFi in my house EXCEPT with the Apex. I have 3 Google WiFi pucks and haven’t had better WiFi ever and still have the issue with my Apex. What gives really?

And to run a cable when I shouldn’t have to do so is really out of the question. Not interested in paying someone another minimum $200 to run a cable where this one would need to go.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
And to run a cable when I shouldn’t have to do so is really out of the question. Not interested in paying someone another minimum $200 to run a cable where this one would need to go.

I hear ya

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, Quality copper pairs never ceased to amaze me :)

I would consult professional installers; wires can be run through places average folks never think of.

I've run tens of thousands off feet of ethernet in past 2 decades. What appers nearly impossible at first glance when I've walked into whatever place that needed me, ended up with jacks on walls and patch panels in other places. Homes are harder because people live there so its messy. Except for my own stuff, I refuse to do houses unless walls are still open, exposed wires are not-an-option for me. I freak out when I see wires taped to walls.

Did you try a different router to rule things out? Only then Neptune could no longer point fingers at it.
I was a contractor for 20 years. I'm familiar with how I could run the wires. But the cost to do so and the labor involved would far exceed the cost of just getting an Apex 2016.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was a contractor for 20 years. I'm familiar with how I could run the wires. But the cost to do so and the labor involved would far exceed the cost of just getting an Apex 2016.

I wouldn’t count on the 2016 work better. That’s what I have. My classic didn’t have the connectivity issues.

Drauka99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch, Don't the Google pucks have a ethernet port on them to patch a cabled connection into the wifi system? What's your signal strength and such at the Apex? Have you had Neptune CS remote in yet?

JR55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I initially had connectivity issues with my 2016 and opened a ticket with Neptune Systems. The tech made some adjustments to the system and it has been rock solid now for well over a year.

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are all kinds of boosters out there you can get. Go to best buy and talk to them or even amazon.Internet wireless boosters everywhere out there.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are all kinds of boosters out there you can get. Go to best buy and talk to them or even amazon.Internet wireless boosters everywhere out there.

Just an FYI, I do not think that is the issue really (at least in my situation). I have 3 Google Wifi in my house and I still get disconnected from Fusion so not sure what else there is to do on my end besides running a cable (which I would have done from the beginning if I could have).

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, I do not think that is the issue really (at least in my situation). I have 3 Google Wifi in my house and I still get disconnected from Fusion so not sure what else there is to do on my end besides running a cable (which I would have done from the beginning if I could have).
Have you got in touch with Neptune? they can get onto your apex and check everything and help you out. I have done that and its easy and a big help. you just have to go into your apex and give them management permission.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another issue I see is you have yours set on wifi mine is set on network. try changing yours to that and see if it helps.

upload_2018-10-24_10-1-22.png

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another issue I see is you have yours set on wifi mine is set on network. try changing yours to that and see if it helps.

upload_2018-10-24_10-1-22.png

“Network” and “WiFi” are just navigational options on drop down menu which change what is shown on that page. They are not Apex configuration settings.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Network” and “WiFi” are just navigational options on drop down menu which change what is shown on that page. They are not Apex configuration settings.
yeah your right, i havent had my apex long still learning it. just trying to help. I would get in touch with neptune. they have helped me a lot.

upload_2018-10-24_10-44-40.png

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch, Don't the Google pucks have a ethernet port on them to patch a cabled connection into the wifi system? What's your signal strength and such at the Apex? Have you had Neptune CS remote in yet?

Yes they do, but the puck isn't close enough to plug in a cable. It's about 30 feet away.

Have you got in touch with Neptune? they can get onto your apex and check everything and help you out. I have done that and its easy and a big help. you just have to go into your apex and give them management permission.

Yeah I have a ticket opened with support, but nothing resulting in the disconnects not occurring. Currently disconnected from Fusion, so I'll do routine restart again.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back