2017 MACNA Showcase Thread

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks! MACNA was a blast this past weekend and it was super awesome seeing so many fellow reefers in one place!

I'm curious to see what you all experienced at MACNA, so I thought it would be a good idea to create a showcase thread! Feel free to show off any corals or reef aquarium stuff you bought, drawings you won, pictures with reefing celebrities, or anything else you did while at MACNA!

I got a few corals to bring back home with me. The first one I got was a pretty cool looking set of clove polyps:

IMG_20170827_111454_634.jpg

The next thing I absolutely had to have was this Sunset Stylocoeniella coral from Jason Fox Corals. I was worried I wouldn't be able to afford it since it was in proximity to a few JF Homewrecker frags (nearly had a heart attack when they told me how much they were!), but the price was right and my girlfriend loved it so it had to come home!

IMG_20170827_110749_054.jpg

The last coral I brought home was a Gold/Rainbow torch. I went to well over 6 different coral vendors looking for the perfect match of price and size for this coral. It took me a while, but I finally managed to find this one two-headed frag that I felt good about purchasing. Here it is starting to look pretty happy with its new home:

20170828_093128.png

I also got a ton of samples, shirts, stickers, and product literature! I'll have to see if I can make it to Vegas for next year, but until then I'll just be happy knowing I got to go to this year's MACNA!

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the photos!

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0842.JPG
Didn't bring it home $2,500 would truly be a home wrecker!!! It was awesome to see that all the pictures you see online are legit. I was always convinced it was photoshopped, but this thing is insane.
I too got a photo of that bad boy. I took this picture with my coralviewer filter attached:
IMG_20170827_123016_111.jpg

$2500 is super extreme, part of me hopes they didn't sell it for that amount so the price gets driven down, but part of me is also aware of how amazing the colors are on this coral. I guess time will tell with how the pricing changes on this coral!

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only dummy that actually fell for all of the fake corals that all the vendors had?
as soon as I saw the 10k sticker price I knew it was a sham LOL... I think someone literally had a fake colony they cut up and passed out to the vendors

I too got a photo of that bad boy. I took this picture with my coralviewer filter attached:
IMG_20170827_123016_111.jpg

$2500 is super extreme, part of me hopes they didn't sell it for that amount so the price gets driven down, but part of me is also aware of how amazing the colors are on this coral. I guess time will tell with how the pricing changes on this coral!

I headed home around noon on Sunday and it was still there.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I headed home around noon on Sunday and it was still there.

I kind of figured it would end up that way. Not many people can visit a town like New Orleans and throw that kind of cash at a coral and hope to get it home alive.

OP
OP
nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic-7.jpg

Came from Murfeesboro Aquatics. Went home with me!
Wow! That one has all sorts of colors in it! I don't think I've ever seen the whitish color flecked around the edge like that.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back