2020 Equipment Cabinets (areas): They should be more neat and organized right?

Do you care to have a neat and organized equipment cabinet or area?

• Yes very much

Votes: 203 45.6%
  • Yes but not too much

Votes: 165 37.1%
  • Not really

Votes: 49 11.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 23 5.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.1%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BEFORE YOU READ REMEMBER WE WANT TO SEE YOURS SO POST A PHOTO AS WELL AND ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS!

They should be more neat and organized right? I mean a lot of us have had to stay at home a lot more in 2020! :p

I love new tanks, new tank rooms, new aquarium equipment and I really love organized equipment cabinets and "areas." I know we have many threads about this already but I thought we could start a new one and turn it into a question and show off thread since here in 2020 we should have worked on our aquarium more right?

1. Do you even care about having a neat and organized equipment cabinet or area?

2. Have you worked more in 2020 to make your aquarium equipment wiring and placement neater?

NOW LET'S SEE THOSE EQUIPMENT CABINETS, TANK ROOMS, UNDER THE STAND AREAS, ETC.

image via @sil40sx
IMG_3346.jpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working on installing new equipment on my tank for about a month. I have also been doing some reorganizing and wire management. I have more to go on the management front... I think that if clean = safe then organized = prepared so therefore it is essential to be both clean and organized in the sump/cabinet and behind it wheee the wires run.

D061745F-BDBF-4C2F-A863-6A4F790934FA.jpeg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been working on installing new equipment on my tank for about a month. I have also been doing some reorganizing and wire management. I have more to go on the management front... I think that if clean = safe then organized = prepared so therefore it is essential to be both clean and organized in the sump/cabinet and behind it wheee the wires run.

D061745F-BDBF-4C2F-A863-6A4F790934FA.jpeg

Looks great!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my testing supplies and chemicals are neatly put up for easy access. All of my outlets are mounted on the wall where they will remain dry. My cables are organized as neatly as possible so I can quickly and easily remove something for cleaning and maintenance.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to have to define 'neat' and 'organized'

My sump closet is functional. I can reach what I need to reach, it holds everything, I don't EVER need to work from my knees, or get on a ladder to reach something. Maintenance tasks are simple, and as automated as I can make them. Chasing down a cord is easy, as is unplugging something and removing it for service.

Do I have all my cords hidden? Nope. No need. If I don't want to look at the cords, I CLOSE THE DOOR!

In my humble opinion, over complicating cord routing just causes headaches when you (inevitably) need to change something, clean something, replace something... and you have to tear the whole thing apart to get to it.

No, thanks.

SumpCloset031220.jpg

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is something I am going to try harder on the new build. I will never be ubber OCD and spend more time and money on stuff under the stand - i would rather put it in the tank that, is where the enjoyment is for me. that said I am gonna try to make it safe and look good as I can.

iambes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely care about the cabinet organization/looks... luckily have a couple months to replace this step stool while tank cycles lol. will be looking for a cabinet that somewhat matches the the innovative marine stand and keep all the electronics there.
9A17896C-A36B-4270-A372-020DF58E2484.jpeg

That way I can keep under tank looking neat as possible
DE62A8F6-B582-432E-8CDF-C6514E5FCA32.jpeg

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does an equipment wall count? I would definitely like things more organized with less wiring hanging around, but with the lengths involved, I just can’t think of much beyond the zip ties I already use to organize things. Wire raceways would probably work, but I’d need a lot of them running all over the wall. Although, I did add the outlet to run my solenoid and RO booster pump from my relay this year, so that Looks better.
CD2A2F20-BCC3-471E-8A51-9BC29E7262CB.jpeg

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stress area over cabinet. My goal is to have zero electrical or electronics equipment in close proximity to salt water under my tank other than those designed as such (i.e. pump, skimmer etc). Anything located otherwise should always be kept organized to aid in identification, access and maintenance. It just makes things better even though you can operate with far less technically, but YMMV in that case. In the end it's all about personal preference, I won't bag on anyone who doesn't value that.

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my career I have ran conduit, piping, wires including things like designing server rooms, and complicated conduit runs in the oil field. I don't think I have OCD, I just have a way of doing things neatly.

inside.jpg

outside.jpg

Let me add in that I will be mounting those new "equipment walls" near the tank in the near future.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back