2024 Full Tank Shots (FTS) photos! Show off your reef here!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well 2023 is in the books!! Welcome to 2024!!!! Show off those full tank shots of your reef here in this thread! Keep us up to date on the progress of your tank!

LAST YEAR'S THREAD IS HERE!

Also, if you haven't started a build thread yet, 2024 is a great time to get a tank thread going that we can follow! Start one today in one of our member tank forums at this LINK.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to following this! Really rather ashamed of mine at this point- it has been too much about the toys and less about the livestock! Share away boys and girls, wow me please! :star-struck:

And 2025 will be my year to join you :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the 75 gallon sps tank. I'll add a few more pics later.
IMG_1771.jpeg

IMG_0785.jpeg

Last edited:

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 'flowy stony'(swiped the term from BRS) focus tank. Started adding coral in November 2023. Will add fish mid-late 2024 after all corals have been in the tank for awhile
IMG_2332.jpeg
Nice tank! What’s the reasoning behind waiting for fish? They feed your corals!

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tank! What’s the reasoning behind waiting for fish? They feed your corals!
Disease & risk management. If I put all the corals and inverts in first, I can wait 75-90 days before adding quarantined fish to help mitigate the risk of ich or worse. Also wish to have a regal angel again. I am hoping a small regal added to a tank full of healthy coral will be less likely to nip/consume coral. Of course I realize fish are like employees, you never know exactly what you will deal with until you've worked with them for awhile! I feed this system 125ml of phyto every night and mix reef roids/goniopower/other coral food + ab+ every other night to help mitigate the lack of fish
@Troylee I welcome your input on my plan, I followed your build long ago before you took an extended leave from the hobby

Last edited:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disease & risk management. If I put all the corals and inverts in first, I can wait 75-90 days before adding quarantined fish to help mitigate the risk of ich or worse. Also wish to have a regal angel again. I am hoping a small regal added to a tank full of healthy coral will be less likely to nip/consume coral. Of course I realize fish are like employees, you never know exactly what you will deal with until you've worked with them for awhile! I feed this system 125ml of phyto every night and mix reef roids/goniopower/other coral food + ab+ every other night to help mitigate the lack of fish
@Troylee I welcome your input on my plan, I followed your build long ago before you took an extended leave from the hobby
Right on! I get it! I was just curious. Yeah velvet wasn’t really thing back in the day but seems to be crazy nowadays lol… I’ve been lucky I guess I haven’t quarantined nothing and been good so far just keeping everyone fed and happy! I’m looking to add a big school of anthias here soon but second guessing myself as it’s a known problem and adding 15-20 fish in a single shot could spell disaster…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back