It’s that time of year!!! Do you have specific reefing plans for 2024?

Do you have specific reefing plans for 2024?

• I have specific reefing plans.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I have plans but nothing too specific.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I don’t have any reefing plans. Whatever happens, happen.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s that time of year!!! Do you have specific reefing plans for 2024?

Happy New Year!!! It’s that time of the year again to look back and to look forward. 2023 was a year filled with adventure for many of us on our reefing journey. It may not have turned out how we planned, but it likely included both ups and downs and changes along the way. As we start into 2024, optimism is running high for some, and others are simply trying to maintain a positive direction. Please let us know if you have specific reefing plans for 2024! If so, feel free to share the details in the related discussion.

Maxwell_ROTM.jpeg

Photo by @maxwell; Reef of the Month December 2023

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner3.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

Polymate3D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% do

Replacing the stock Fluval Evo light!

Recently got a Seneye reef and discovered on the sandbed is just 35<40 PAR and even 4" from the light directly underneath is only reading 135.

Other than that its just getting more stability in everything

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lots of fragging to do. A Hammer coral that is taking over the center of my tank. A Duncan coral that has grown way to close to the Hammer. Already fragged a Purple Stylophora that was in the Hammers reach. Hope to find local reefer to swap with because not happy with the credit offered by LFS. Also need to eliminate Vermetid snails.

20240110_155413.jpg

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to try to go into advanced reefing. Like adjusting the alk of my salt mix, fine tuning light and flow for optimal coral growth and coloration, and to further study the species of animals that I keep. Maybe try propagating difficult species. I will start by reading books written by the experts, and get out of my comfort zone to see what’s possible. I also plan on speaking with and interviewing willing experts. I’ll see how far I get with that this year.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back