Time to expand: Do you have plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

Do you have plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

• I plan to add another aquarium.

Votes: 131 35.9%
  • I may add another aquarium.

Votes: 50 13.7%
  • I don’t have any plans to add another aquarium.

Votes: 84 23.0%
  • I definitely won’t be adding another aquarium.

Votes: 83 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 4.7%

• Total voters

LeonardTheWrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on adding a nano tank for the smaller or shyer fish that might not be seen or able to handle a larger, more active tank.
I want to try and create a NPS system in this tank.

The plan is also to upgrade my 70 gallon to a 200 to 250 gallon tank. I hope that in a new tank I can get control of the parameters from the start, and have more success with corals.
I really want to be able to have some flexibility with the stocking, and not be restricted as much by a smaller tank, both with the bioload and potential aggression issues due to the smaller tank.
This tank will be a mix of a macroalgae and hopefully some corals.

marcus aurelius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does an upgrade count.

Quintin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, won the battle twisting the wife’s arm and upgrading the RedSea 170 to a new RedSea 300 G2.

She got a new Dyson vacuum cleaner and I got a new tank being delivered on 11 January.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to expand: Do you have plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

As you make plans for the upcoming year, is there another tank in your future? As you look forward to 2024, have you thought about adding an aquarium? Maybe a nano tank, a frag tank, a macro algae tank, or some other type of aquarium? You may be wanting to explore a new type of tank or a new type of livestock or you may be wanting to have a separate grow out tank for corals or fish - getting another tank gives you the space to move into other areas of the hobby. Whether you currently have a single tank or already have many tanks, please let us know about your plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

AncientMariner_ROTM2.jpeg

Photo by @Ancient Mariner; Reef of the Month May 2023

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.deltecdirectusa.com

Deltec_Logo.png

“With dozens of protein skimmers, calcium reactors, media reactors and kalkwasser stirrers in operation, Deltec USA can speak from experience and help you with all your Deltec needs. Live customer support and a large inventory of products rounds out our mission to provide the best possible Deltec experience.”
Yes, I am going to add another tank, I don't know what size yet, I want to see how much my new corals grow in my frag tank first, for that will determine my decision.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've just set up a new growout system (in addition to the one I already have) that consists of a couple of lowboy frag tanks and a 60 breeder for the sump. It's been wet for about a week now, and I'm in the process of getting the lighting fixtures done now. I knocked out one of them today, and will likely do the other in about a week.

If all goes well, I hope to sell enough frags in 2024 to completely fund my "dream tank." We'll see...

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a frag tank counts then "yes"

Rickarded-Reefer

Reefing Since - 2003 - Still Going Strong!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After winning the Apex Pro System in the 24K raffle, my 7 year old convinced me it’s time to upgrade our 90 Cube. Like I needed a lot of convincing

So yeah!!! 2024 - New 240 Gallon build is underway. Just placed the order with AluFab inc yesterday for the stand.

New Tank Thread will be started soon!!! More to come

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 19

lowater22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first 40 gal breeder! Building a custom stand that I will post pictures of! Need lots of supplies though! Thinking of doing the Fiji cube aio drop in. Any thoughts?? Or lights for sale?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, won the battle twisting the wife’s arm and upgrading the RedSea 170 to a new RedSea 300 G2.

She got a new Dyson vacuum cleaner and I got a new tank being delivered on 11 January.
I did the same but never took the 170 down. 170 is in the bedroom and the 300 G2 in the dining room lol.
Believe it or not, my wife says the 6 foot reef tank in the dining room is enough!
I had a 6ft 150 in the dining room and added a 6 ft 180 to the living room. No Dyson involved like @Quintin but I did have to purchase the wall space for the 180 as it was the wall where my Gal kept all of here knick knacks on display. She won't admit it but she spends way more time watching the tank than she ever did looking at knick knacks.

I've been planning a 96x30x25 build for over a year. It would be to replace the 6ft 180 to give the tangs more swim room. The 150 is gone replaced by the reefer 300 so downsized but not replaced. I also would be going custom with a lower stand so I do not have to stand on something to work in the tank and it would be viewed mostly while sitting.
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is the 180g will be left up and running while the new tank is cycling. My fear is I won't be able to tear the 180 down because after 8 years it is finally looking like I had envisioned it when I started and its pretty much on auto pilot. My past history of replacing tanks has not gone well as I always seem to end up with an additional tank when I'm all done.

ssramage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure we'll be adding another. We just set up a Fluval Evo 13.5 at Christmas (thanks Santa!) and my kids are all into it. I'm sure we'll get a bigger tank to compliment this one at some point. I've had tanks in the past and my dad had quite a few salt tanks when I was a kid that I always enjoyed. Trying to foster that in my kids as well.

PizzaIan339

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on setting up a 5.5 gallon pick Macro Algae display tank after seeing @Tigahboy tanks on Bahama Llama I knew that I needed to set one up. Plus I already have a lid, heater, rock, and everything else except sand to set up the tank because of me getting the wrong stuff for my 15 gallon or my 10 gallon. Plus I just replaced the light on my 10 gallon for better coverage so I have an extra freshwater/display refugium that would be perfect for the tank! It is almost as if it lined up so well…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back