Time to expand: Do you have plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

Do you have plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

• I plan to add another aquarium.

Votes: 131 35.9%
  • I may add another aquarium.

Votes: 50 13.7%
  • I don’t have any plans to add another aquarium.

Votes: 84 23.0%
  • I definitely won’t be adding another aquarium.

Votes: 83 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 4.7%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Time to expand: Do you have plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

As you make plans for the upcoming year, is there another tank in your future? As you look forward to 2024, have you thought about adding an aquarium? Maybe a nano tank, a frag tank, a macro algae tank, or some other type of aquarium? You may be wanting to explore a new type of tank or a new type of livestock or you may be wanting to have a separate grow out tank for corals or fish - getting another tank gives you the space to move into other areas of the hobby. Whether you currently have a single tank or already have many tanks, please let us know about your plans to add another aquarium in 2024?

AncientMariner_ROTM2.jpeg

Photo by @Ancient Mariner; Reef of the Month May 2023

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.deltecdirectusa.com

Deltec_Logo.png

“With dozens of protein skimmers, calcium reactors, media reactors and kalkwasser stirrers in operation, Deltec USA can speak from experience and help you with all your Deltec needs. Live customer support and a large inventory of products rounds out our mission to provide the best possible Deltec experience.”

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be adding two frag tanks (80 gallons each), bringing my 115 gallon system back up, and trying a 2 gallon nano… if my husband doesn’t decide to divorce me over the number of tanks we have (currently 210 gallon SPS/LPS, 24 gallon AIO softy tank primarily zoas, 40 g and 55 g quarantine fish tanks, and 75 g fresh water). But this is likely a year long project because the 80 gallon tanks are in pretty rough shape so they’ll need major TLC before I can use them.

Tray21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently working on setting up my new tank. Started getting it put together in the middle of December just had to wait for things to come in. If all goes according to plan the tank will be wet on the 15th.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be adding a Nano Tank (Evo 13.5), I would eventually like to replace my Flex with a bigger tank and have that and my nano but without getting ahead of myself I will be focusing on the nano for this year and go from there!

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t have more than 2 since there’s still renovations and the lack of space.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be adding two frag tanks (80 gallons each), bringing my 115 gallon system back up, and trying a 2 gallon nano… if my husband doesn’t decide to divorce me over the number of tanks we have (currently 210 gallon SPS/LPS, 24 gallon AIO softy tank primarily zoas, 40 g and 55 g quarantine fish tanks, and 75 g fresh water). But this is likely a year long project because the 80 gallon tanks are in pretty rough shape so they’ll need major TLC before I can use them.
It is easier to add tanks when the current ones are looking good.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading my 40 breeder to a 75 drilled with a stand. Just called the electrician today. Getting 3 dedicated GCFI breakers for each of 3 plugs. Ordering the overflow this weekend. Looking at Tampa Bay Saltwater for live rock. Considering a clam pre-Refugium. It would sit on a look down stand beside the tank and stand. Heard about it from BRS when clam mania was at Reefapalooza. Can’t wait for the NY show this Summer.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put one in my mother's living room. She'll do daily maintenance but will be reliant on me to do the heavy stuff once a week.

This will ensure I actually stop by and visit her as often as I should :)
An excellent plan

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An excellent plan
Thanks, I hope so. She's in her 70's and I don't stop by often enough these days.

If I may, what are you using for a stand with your 40 breeder? That's about the size I'm thinking of, but want to set it up with a sump and I'm having a hard time finding a stand.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I hope so. She's in her 70's and I don't stop by often enough these days.

If I may, what are you using for a stand with your 40 breeder? That's about the size I'm thinking of, but want to set it up with a sump and I'm having a hard time finding a stand.
I can ask the LFS that had it in their store.

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! Setting up the lovely 40 Nuvo Mini that Santa brought and...I...just...happened...to pick up a small 4 Gallon cube to go with that nice Reef Breeders Pico light that I won. :face-blowing-a-kiss:

"You see, honey, it's a quarantine tank. I gotta have one if I'm putting fish in the 40 Gallon...." :thinking-face::squinting-face-with-tongue:

Just waiting on Tampa Bay Saltwater!

(And I had to take down 2 small freshwater tanks in compensation, but hey, a tank for a tank, right? :winking-face-with-tongue:)

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is easier to add tanks when the current ones are looking good.
After really struggling with my 115g system for a few months and losing several fish to an ich outbreak (a vendor sent me a fish in water that contained iodine; I should've known that something was off but they claimed the fish had been quarantined) I decided to throw caution to the wind and ordered a 210 gallon tank and turned a 60 gallon breeder into a sump. I am really happy I didn't give up on the hobby because I genuinely love it but I was very very tempted to. My coral are pretty happy and my SPS are starting to color up and I am seeing growth tips on others. Have learned a lot of lessons in patience and humility. I am a molecular biologist by trade, geneticist by training and I made a lot of assumptions to start with. Once I stopped making assumptions and broke everything down to chemistry and biological diversity things started looking up for me. I still freak out every now and then about silly things but my tank has been stable and fish and coral seem happy. At the very least I've learned that there are many answers to any given problem in reefing and it is okay to fail as long as you keep trying and have patience.

drolmaeye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have almost everything together to set up a 30"x20"x12" frag tank. Hoping it's wet within 4-8 weeks. Not sure there will be any more after that?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back