Time to change: Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024?

Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024?

• Yes, I plan to re-aquascape.

Votes: 54 23.6%
  • Maybe, I don’t have specific plans, but I will likely re-aquascape.

Votes: 47 20.5%
  • No, I don’t plan to re-aquascape.

Votes: 116 50.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Time to change: Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024?

While some reef keepers take the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach, others are always tinkering and looking for a way to make improvement, however small they might be. The aquascape is often considered to be the foundation of the reef and changes have the potential to dramatic effect the visual impact of the aquarium. Are you looking to make a change? Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024? If so, please tell us about your potential changes and if you think that an occasional aquascaping is a good idea.

jose.morejon14_ROTM.jpeg

Photo by @jose.morejon14; Reef of the Month August 2023

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.topshelfaquatics.com
TSABanner2.jpeg

“Top Shelf Aquatics helps you feel confident in the quality, reliability, and consistency of getting everything you need for a perfect saltwater aquarium. From corals and fish to inverts and aquarium supplies, you can count on us to provide you with a seamless reefing experience.”

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rescaped in December to separate yummas and my devils had. The yumma has a thing for the leather. It moved so it could be touching the leathers. Smh

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said other because I'm probably going to be buying a house this year. I helped a lady tear down her 75gal and she gave me the tank, stand, sump and all. So I'm thinking I'll move the 75 to the new house and get it setup for the most part, then move the corals and rocks, then move the fish and last pieces of equipment in. Then use the current system as a frag tank (60breeder). So likely a new and improved aquascape is going to happen because of that lol

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do a minor rescape on my 40B. I need to get rid of a bunch of anemones. They split so fast, lol. Not sure if I like them anymore!! I have a WB20 that I'll be moving them to and a few rocks into. Will need to add some dry rock back to the 40.

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do a minor rescape on my 40B. I need to get rid of a bunch of anemones. They split so fast, lol. Not sure if I like them anymore!! I have a WB20 that I'll be moving them to and a few rocks into. Will need to add some dry rock back to the 40.
I got rid of my nems after 1 split to 2 then 4 etc and it really was out of control. Happy to be rid of them honestly.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
other? i hope to one day win a bigger tank so i can upgrade my build. at least one that’s 50-90G(okay, maybe an 100G). my little 40B seems overly packed with rock work

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ayup.

Started about 3 weeks ago. A small Rainbow BTA that I added a couple of years ago decided he really liked my tank conditions, and started splitting. Basically, I'm running a BTA cloning facility, they've killed virtually all of my corals, a couple of clams, even a 5" foxface, perfectly healthy and in my tank for years, found him half eaten one morning.

So... I pulled one (of two) bommies, covered with nems, and traded to a LFS for a brand new box of 'real reef' dry rock. Once that's aged a month or so, I'll do 'er again. Once the 2nd bommie has settled in, tank all stable, I'll be making a frag trip. There's nothing in my home town, not much in the closest city... A trip is likely. ReefingUSA has the old SLASH spring event 4/13, and one listed in KC on 4/14. Timing is going to be about right... seems like a plan.

Any big shows happening spring 24? Did Chicago Reefapalooza a few years ago, that was fun. Orland is too darned far a drive to be buying livestock.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i said I have plans for re-scaping, if only because my landlord isn’t renewing lease(sub let condo) and I have to move by June first....

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ayup.

Started about 3 weeks ago. A small Rainbow BTA that I added a couple of years ago decided he really liked my tank conditions, and started splitting. Basically, I'm running a BTA cloning facility, they've killed virtually all of my corals, a couple of clams, even a 5" foxface, perfectly healthy and in my tank for years, found him half eaten one morning.

So... I pulled one (of two) bommies, covered with nems, and traded to a LFS for a brand new box of 'real reef' dry rock. Once that's aged a month or so, I'll do 'er again. Once the 2nd bommie has settled in, tank all stable, I'll be making a frag trip. There's nothing in my home town, not much in the closest city... A trip is likely. ReefingUSA has the old SLASH spring event 4/13, and one listed in KC on 4/14. Timing is going to be about right... seems like a plan.

Any big shows happening spring 24? Did Chicago Reefapalooza a few years ago, that was fun. Orland is too darned far a drive to be buying livestock.
Come to connecicut for the Frag Farmers Market. It's huge. March 2nd this year.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come to connecicut for the Frag Farmers Market. It's huge. March 2nd this year.
Connecticut? A 20 hour drive? For frags? 4 tanks of diesel, 3 nights in hotels, meals... I could order all the frags I want from WWC cheaper than the trip would cost me!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What mistakes would swapping rock solve?
Don't know 'bout his, but in my case, swapping rock is the only way to get rid of the BTA's. Oh, I suppose I could kill them, but why would I want to do that?

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actively adding more rock and scape changes this month. I have a different footprint now and the whole thing still doesn't feel settled.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back