Time to change: Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024?

Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024?

• Yes, I plan to re-aquascape.

Votes: 54 23.6%
  • Maybe, I don’t have specific plans, but I will likely re-aquascape.

Votes: 47 20.5%
  • No, I don’t plan to re-aquascape.

Votes: 116 50.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of my nems after 1 split to 2 then 4 etc and it really was out of control. Happy to be rid of them honestly.
They can be quite invasive, I had the one for a year, and then in July, I had two then 4 and now 8. They are beautiful but need a tank for themselves.

DreadedReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Full blown reset incoming. Removing a ton of coral, all new rock, fixing the 99 mistakes I made with my tank at setup
Exactly the same reason why I am thinking about changing my aquascape.

20240102_130643.jpg

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said other because I was gifted a 150g tank for Christmas, just waiting to find out when it's going to be delivered. So it's going to be replacing my current 60g tank. I also have a brand new 50g that I haven't set up yet that's going to be replacing my 30g.... so lots of new scaping but not really RE scaping

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Time to change: Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024?

While some reef keepers take the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” approach, others are always tinkering and looking for a way to make improvement, however small they might be. The aquascape is often considered to be the foundation of the reef and changes have the potential to dramatic effect the visual impact of the aquarium. Are you looking to make a change? Do you have plans to re-aquascape in 2024? If so, please tell us about your potential changes and if you think that an occasional aquascaping is a good idea.

jose.morejon14_ROTM.jpeg

Photo by @jose.morejon14; Reef of the Month August 2023

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.topshelfaquatics.com
TSABanner2.jpeg

“Top Shelf Aquatics helps you feel confident in the quality, reliability, and consistency of getting everything you need for a perfect saltwater aquarium. From corals and fish to inverts and aquarium supplies, you can count on us to provide you with a seamless reefing experience.”
Re-Aquascape can have multiple definitions. If the question is 'complete change' - no. And that wouldn't make sense for the coral, etc. I'm going to go out on a limb - and suggest the best way to re-aquascape is to keep the original Aquascape and buy a new tank for the new idea. The constant tinkering with things like this probably causes more problems than it solves. That said - clipping a couple corals, etc - sure why not.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m getting a lot of rock off the bottom to open up flow and let me mount corals in better spots.
This is an extremely good plan IMHO

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like rescaping wet and running tanks. I’d MUCH prefer to make it nice in the beginning, and then leave it alone.
Thats my goal every time and I always fail lol. I think it's because I suck at building scapes. I think they look good for a few months then I start thinking they don't look so good. I keep telling myself everything will look better once the coral grow in.
They can be quite invasive, I had the one for a year, and then in July, I had two then 4 and now 8. They are beautiful but need a tank for themselves.
At one point I went from 3 to 49 o_O My experience has been that they seem to stop splitting as the tank matures but I'm talking a couple of years or longer. I have 6 now that are getting huge but haven't split in a few years.

FDchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 100 gallon upgrade. My current scape is 3 pieces. I plan on moving the main piece as is and moving the 2 smaller ones farther away from the main and adding to them.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not rescaping my fowlr as it is exactly how I want it and fully stocked now:

However, I will be setting up and aquascaping my 180 gallon reef this year, hopefully soon as I want it to be done before our baby comes at the end of May!

Miguel.PT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to do a minor rescape on my 40B. I need to get rid of a bunch of anemones. They split so fast, lol. Not sure if I like them anymore!! I have a WB20 that I'll be moving them to and a few rocks into. Will need to add some dry rock back to the 40.
Having the same “issue”, my BTAs are splitting fast, had 3 now 6… not good to go under sps territory or else it will be a disaster.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back