20g + 10g sump...how many fish can i add?

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i would like some help to see if i am overstocking.

I have a 20g display (fish, sps, lps, soft) with a 10g sump with rocks and chaeto. Mixed reef.

I would like to add 1 mandarin, 1 six line wrasse and a mithrax in the hope it will take care of eventual valonia (i already have valonia in the refugium, so the mithrax it will go in sump to start with). You think Is this too much?

At the moment i have 1 amboniensis, 1 thor, 1 okinawae, 2 clown, 1 firefish, 1 BTA. No3 and PO4 are often bottomed out (i dose if needed sodium nitrate and sodium phosphate). I run skimmer, chaeto, carbon h24, filter roll, i feed lightly. Pod are present in display and in sump, mandarin is trained to eat also frozen. Tank is running for little over a year.

1694204354370.png

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think any of those fish would be good for a 20g , i got a 60g and wouldnt attempt a mandarin

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mature tank, doesn’t appear overstocked to me.
If nutrients are stable, your good.
Since your Mandarin is not reliant on pods that’s ok.
Six line has a hit/miss record, some find them model citizens, some find them terrors.

OP
OP
fr3n0z

fr3n0z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think any of those fish would be good for a 20g , i got a 60g and wouldnt attempt a mandarin
mandarin was my first choice, pod population is fairly good and is frozen trained.

Mature tank, doesn’t appear overstocked to me.
If nutrients are stable, your good.
Since your Mandarin is not reliant on pods that’s ok.
Six line has a hit/miss record, some find them model citizens, some find them terrors.
Having a problem finding some other inabitant that is lively and not a possible terror. I've got the firefish and is super shy, it hides all the time (clown are on their own and in the opposite side of the tank, so no stress problem) the okinawae is top notch, not lively but it does what it should do. Stay in the front hopping from coral to coral or lying mostly on the pavona.

I was looking at gramma loreto, dottybacks, etc but in the end i think the six line is the safest between them.

Goby's and blenny's i'm scared that they hide all the time aswell. Nematoptera (another option) i'm scared is a bit too still and being nocturnal it will hide aswell.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back