Need Help configuring sump.

ColeTrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. I am building my first sump setup and need help with plumbing my sump.
I am reducing my 1.5'' overflow drains to 1'' I am going to be running a beans animal overflow setup. my trigger sapphire 26 has one spot to put the main overflow drain, do I run the second overflow to the same skimmer compartment? or do I run it somewhere else? and where do I run the emergency overflow?
Also for running the chiller, do I run straight from return pump to chiller and then return to the display tank return?
and for the chiller do I need to put it on the ink bird to control it or just plug it into a normal outlet.
here is a drawing of what I was thinking about doing. please let me know. Thank you
IMG_1081.JPG

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your main drain will go to your sock or rollermat. The second overflow will go to your refugeum or skimmer compartment (submerged) and your 3rd E- drain will go anywhere in the main sump but above the waterline. This is going to be the highest in your overflow box and will be always dry. If there is water flowing down it you will want to hear it splashing in the sump. The second overflow will have a trickle of water constantly flowing down it.
And you don't need a Inkbird with the Helios

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your main drain will go to your sock or rollermat. The second overflow will go to your refugeum or skimmer compartment (submerged) and your 3rd E- drain will go anywhere in the main sump but above the waterline. This is going to be the highest in your overflow box and will be always dry. If there is water flowing down it you will want to hear it splashing in the sump. The second overflow will have a trickle of water constantly flowing down it.
And you don't need a Inkbird with the Helios
I recommend the same regarding drains. Don’t use a chiller myself so can’t speak to that. Recommend against using a check valve.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 62 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back