20G Build

Ocypode sinensis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Messages
442
Reaction score
205
Location
Pittsburgh
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20-gallon tank in a college dorm:
Tank: 20G long tank from Petco.
Lighting: Brought from China, a DIY brand, 48watts adjustable.
HOB filter: Seachem Tidal 75, filled with filter floss, MP gems, sera siporax, and a bag of Chemipure blue.
Protein Skimmer: Macro Aqua M-50, cuz it's cheap and I had once used an M60 back in China.
Wavemaker: ZKSJ Slim 6000, it's super small and it's also a Chinese brand, found a similar one on Amazon called Hygger, although 2-times more expensive.

4e0ec906ea6bef8bb78f0519c3caa46.jpg
 
I'm a college student living in a dorm so I don't have the opportunity to use RODI water...
the diatoms got my photosynthetic gorg and I'm cleaning it every day, still, parts of it died, I'm considering using Caulerpa to hold down nutrients, if that didn't work I will get a bio-reactor or a moving bed filter.
 
20-gallon tank in a college dorm:
Tank: 20G long tank from Petco.
Lighting: Brought from China, a DIY brand, 48watts adjustable.
HOB filter: Seachem Tidal 75, filled with filter floss, MP gems, sera siporax, and a bag of Chemipure blue.
Protein Skimmer: Macro Aqua M-50, cuz it's cheap and I had once used an M60 back in China.
Wavemaker: ZKSJ Slim 6000, it's super small and it's also a Chinese brand, found a similar one on Amazon called Hygger, although 2-times more expensive.

4e0ec906ea6bef8bb78f0519c3caa46.jpg
I just bought the tidal 75 for my 20 gallon long. The intake seems to be too long. Did you take it off? Does it work without it ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new