20G long sump diy question

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my first sump with a 20L and a 20H as the refugium. I had a DIY ATO that used float valves. I drilled the sump while it was full and running. A buddy helped me. It was a riot, but we did it and only spilled about 2 cups of water on the floor.

This was built for a 29g frag tank, over 8yrs ago.

MySump.JPG

Lagoon1.JPG

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thats a project right there! Got any recent pics
It was dismantled in 2010. I lost my job during the recession and couldn't afford it. It was a 29g frag farm. At one time, I was averaging 250--300 frags in that little 29g tank. Most of them had been sold off and racks removed at the time of this pic.

It was in da basement laundry room, so nobody ever saw it... thank god.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I let the silicone cure for about a week and a half just to be sure and take no chances!! Just installed it and got it up and running! Got carbon in the bubble trap right before the return and the skimmer in the first chamber and its already pulling yucky stuff out! And my chaeto with matrix rocks in the fuge !! I had it taped in the first picture and pulled it off some so all could get a better look! So glad it went smoothly with no hiccups!
WIN_21290630_054309.JPG
WIN_21290630_054523.JPG

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 53 54.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back