OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice man!!!! Thanks for all the info!!!! Ive veen doing alot of research and video watching for about 5 hours straight! Haha about to watch this video you posted! But the skimmer i have is small and watched a video of siliconing two 5" ×8" pieces of glass at a 90 degree angle together! Than, silicone that to the back right corner for my intake for the filter sock to set it and so my skimmer can be in the same section but seperated! Than go over into the refugium area with a over and under two baffle bubble trap! I like the idea but worried abkut how much flow my chaeto will get! Checking out your video now!

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Ask questions man, I'm up cleaning tank & water changing away!! I really love this forum and all the help from others and try to reciprocate the info when possible. Only site I've found where folks actually help each other and reply with constructive comments. I enjoy when you can make pals on here and share friendly chat [emoji4]. Installing my Orphek lights too so I'm up for awhile!!

8dfc37d55dab0b758ed8e32c7ef11ffe.jpg

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Ask questions man, I'm up cleaning tank & water changing away!! I really love this forum and all the help from others and try to reciprocate the info when possible. Only site I've found where folks actually help each other and reply with constructive comments. I enjoy when you can make pals on here and share friendly chat [emoji4]. Installing my Orphek lights too so I'm up for awhile!!

Awesome! I really like this fotum as well!! As soon as i get caught up on rent ill become a supoorti g menber!! i used to be a member or another site but it always took like 4 days for anyone to answer my questions if they did! And if they did, it waS mean and hateful!!You got the v4 orphek? Man take some videos and pics when you get it up abd running!! I really wanted that light but couldnt afford it but got the kessil ap700at a very low price not too long ago! Brand new!! I got a kessil ap700 and some t5s! So far its ok but really liked the way orphek look s too!! but yeah sorry, i cant afford to buy much of anything at the moment but if i could i woyld buy that filter sock holder from you! Bills just dont stop coming in!! Lol gonna have to rig something up! But will be Siliconing the baFfles tomorrow!

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I really like this fotum as well!! As soon as i get caught up on rent ill become a supoorti g menber!! i used to be a member or another site but it always took like 4 days for anyone to answer my questions if they did! And if they did, it waS mean and hateful!!You got the v4 orphek? Man take some videos and pics when you get it up abd running!! I really wanted that light but couldnt afford it but got the kessil ap700at a very low price not too long ago! Brand new!! I got a kessil ap700 and some t5s! So far its ok but really liked the way orphek look s too!! but yeah sorry, i cant afford to buy much of anything at the moment but if i could i woyld buy that filter sock holder from you! Bills just dont stop coming in!! Lol gonna have to rig something up! But will be Siliconing the baFfles tomorrow!

Dude!! It's sitting in a drawer, pm me ur address and I'll send it to ya. I actually have t5 I'm adding orphek bars too. They are sky blue and uv, $160 each!! Way nice and blows away reef brite. The sock holder is cool, just not for my new setup!

Awesome frag swap coming up in New Orleans on Aug 11 at a buddy's store, fbook Aquatic Sealife. They got a sale going as well

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freaking sweet!!!!!!!!! Man thank you! Really! Im sitting here drawing up plans on diy everything on this tank! Yeah around tax time i was going to buy a few of thise strips and was talking to an orphek rep about getting them but then bills came once again and coukdnt get it! It woukd be nice to take a road trip and go to a fraf swap! Never have been!! Pm is about to be sent! Thanks again man! Got some pics of your display?

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freaking sweet!!!!!!!!! Man thank you! Really! Im sitting here drawing up plans on diy everything on this tank! Yeah around tax time i was going to buy a few of thise strips and was talking to an orphek rep about getting them but then bills came once again and coukdnt get it! It woukd be nice to take a road trip and go to a fraf swap! Never have been!! Pm is about to be sent! Thanks again man! Got some pics of your display?

ea0769aa85257034e71d33cbe4218096.jpg

Doing a big water change today & getting lights hung properly. Cleaning up sandbed & rocks!! 30 gallons of water is almost ready!!

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you get that Orphek V4 hung? Lets see that bad boy!

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you took the time to make your own, it'll pay off. Its really helpful to me to run my own, no more microbubbles, plus because of the unique design I've got some crazy stuff growing down there. You may want to think about adding some media reactors, you have room in the skimmer/intake chamber.

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you took the time to make your own, it'll pay off. Its really helpful to me to run my own, no more microbubbles, plus because of the unique design I've got some crazy stuff growing down there. You may want to think about adding some media reactors, you have room in the skimmer/intake chamber.

Yeah im gkad too i took the time to do it! I made a sump before using this 20 g long i got fron petco but i only let it cure for like 36 hours bc i didnt smell the smell of silicone and i was rushing and excited to get it in! The baffles were crooked and 48 hours after running it i started go get a white film growing all over my tank!!! so i took it back out and set up my old little aryclic one! So i cut out all the silicone and now i took my time and researched and really did it right! I used black 100% silicone but i guess the black color doesnt matter huh?
But i wish i could get some kind of reactor! Im broke as a joke and rent is due and other bills just dont stop coming! Plus, i dunno if you saw it or not but the first chamber i siliconed two 5" × 8" pieces of glass together about midway up the sump and plan on gluing some white hard egg crate right under it to either place some rock rubble for the inlet or my filter sock or both, so theres no room for a reactor. ...unless, that is, youd like to send me an external on for free!! Haha jk

Bruster45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first baffle for the skimmer and filter sock, is at 8" and the required height for this skimmer is 7" ....looks like yours is alot higher than that! Does your skimmer do a pretty good job?

yeah I made a shelf for it to sit on. after a while I wish I had shortened the baffles. I was trying to get as much fuge volume as possible. my sump hold 13 gallons

OP
OP
Justin....#JAMAS

Justin....#JAMAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I made a shelf for it to sit on. after a while I wish I had shortened the baffles. I was trying to get as much fuge volume as possible. my sump hold 13 gallons

Wow! you def made the most out of that sump huh? lol........so how high is your first baffle? just curious? and does your skimmer do a pretty good job at that height ?

Bruster45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One is 11 the other two are 12. The 11 is 1.5 off the bottom of the tank. skimmer does great I have it on PVC tubes with a light diffuser on the pipes so the skimmer sits on it.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 3 6.4%
Back