20g Nano Reef Tank, Chemipure Blue or BRS Rox 0.8 Carbon?

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For filtration media, I am deciding whether I should continue using chemipure blue bags or should i just switch to the rox carbon from BRS? I feel like because I am just doing a 20g nano reef with just a pair of clowns, I don't really need the GFO that much and would be fine with just carbon, what do you all suggest with your experiences?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemipure blue is rox 0.8 carbon, plus purigen, phosphate remover (not GFO), and ion exchange resins. I like to always have some sort of phosphate export but buying bulk carbon is cheaper.

OP
OP
senorsancho

senorsancho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemipure blue is rox 0.8 carbon, plus purigen, phosphate remover (not GFO), and ion exchange resins.
Do you think I really need chemipure blue for my 20g? I think I should be okay with just using BRS rox carbon and swapping it out just to save on money in the long run.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think I really need chemipure blue for my 20g? I think I should be okay with just using BRS rox carbon and swapping it out just to save on money in the long run.

It depends on how much you feed and do water changes. Also, if you are looking to save money, red sea carbon is a good bang for your buck as it is not dusty at all like some carbons and seems to work well. I have never used just rox carbon alone so I can't compare it to that but still something to consider.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back