20g nem/clown cube directions

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole point of this tank is clowns/nems, I'm just not sure how to start stocking it.
I feel like I want the anemone in first so I can coax the clowns to host it, but I shouldn't put anemones in a fresh tank until at least 6mo stable.
Should I get it cycled and just get some hardy fish to take care of for a while, or would I be better off getting the clowns after cycled and add anemones later and hope they learn to host?
Sorry for runons and if it's hard to read, I'm more of a math guy

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What species of clowns and anemones are you thinking of? This might have some bearing here. What I mean by that is that percs and occs may be tricker to introduce no matter how you time it, but most of the others will pretty easily accept the appropriate 'nem host.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you start with good live rock that is well established then you just have to wait for the tank to cycle. But if your starting fresh from dry rock then yeah, 6 - 12 months is a good time frame.

I think start with the clowns first. When you buy a BTA, go for a larger one.

OP
OP
Matt Miller

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you start with good live rock that is well established then you just have to wait for the tank to cycle. But if your starting fresh from dry rock then yeah, 6 - 12 months is a good time frame.

I think start with the clowns first. When you buy a BTA, go for a larger one.
I plan on using real reef rock and live sand, possibly a small live rock from my lfs but not sure yet.
I'd rather get the clowns instead of a random fish I don't plan on keeping so that's good news
Thanks for the help.

Orion1885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
61697380457__609CF5B7-713D-4698-B14D-B006C09B500C.JPG

here is my 20 long with black storm pair

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your 'nem nano is looking Awesome @Orion1885! You should update your build thread with that pick. Wish I had your knack for keeping GHA at bay! And that false overflow seems to work really well. For anyone wondering what I mean by that, look at this.

Orion1885

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your 'nem nano is looking Awesome @Orion1885! You should update your build thread with that pick. Wish I had your knack for keeping GHA at bay! And that false overflow seems to work really well. For anyone wondering what I mean by that, look at this.
haha thanks, I have a ton of bubble algae!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back