20gallon long frag tank

Dan Meerdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 20 gallon long frag tank for SPS. I was thinking 2 Kessil a160s. Is that overkill or not enough? I really like what Kessil has to offer so I’m leaning towards them. Would 1 a360 be a better option? Thanks in
advance.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a 20 gallon long frag tank for SPS. I was thinking 2 Kessil a160s. Is that overkill or not enough? I really like what Kessil has to offer so I’m leaning towards them. Would 1 a360 be a better option? Thanks in
advance.
probably depends on how big the frags will be and how many frags there will be, id talk to your LFS but too much flow and too little flow can both be damaging

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a single A160WE over my current frag tank and it's been enough for softies, LPS, and some SPS. I've got a pair of A160's over my display tank so as @jda said I would go to match them.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two A160s will work over that tank. You will need to fine tune your mounting height and placement. A par meter would be ideal.

An A360 would work as well. I prefer multiple pucks when using led, but for a frag tank with small frags, shadowing is less of an issue. Thus, I'd probably just opt for one A360 to reduce the number of cords, power supplies, and mounts. But I'm OCD about stuff like that.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two A160s will work over that tank. You will need to fine tune your mounting height and placement. A par meter would be ideal.

An A360 would work as well. I prefer multiple pucks when using led, but for a frag tank with small frags, shadowing is less of an issue. Thus, I'd probably just opt for one A360 to reduce the number of cords, power supplies, and mounts. But I'm OCD about stuff like that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back