210g acrylic dream

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to do a move like that without at least a few losses. When I did my 265 to 450 move last year I lost a few fish and a few corals.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, lost my Hawkfish. I had had it a long time and he came from another reef keeper, so he was a bit old and must not have handled the moves well. So far that is it for fish.
I did almost lose my toadstool. If any of you had seen it, I had it for over 12 years now and it was probably 12" around. White and quite unique. Well, it died through the middle, but i was able to frag off some pieces that I think will grow nicely. So, back to the beginning, but at least not lost.

Tank is almost full of water and lights go on today. Fish are in (except clowns and new carpet anemone). Some corals are in. Will be running fully this evening.

I have use lots of the prodibio start up to help. Now my live rock is in, should not be any issues, but you never know.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn Apex energy bar gave up the ghost last night. So, running stuff on regular outlets. Yuck!!! Especially figuring out the chiller. :)

All is good so far. I move the carpet anemone in and waiting for it to foot so I can turn pumps back on. He is definitely stressed, but I think will adjust okay. My clarkiis are with it and it is out and not too open mouthed. I will try feeding it later tonight.

I will get some pics when I get some more time.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, new apex energy bar! All is up and running. I just got an autofeeder for flakes since I do frozen once a day or sometimes twice, I thought I would add some flakes in the mix on and off. More able to feed less food, more often. Got the Eheim little guy after reading lots of reviews. I will let you know how it goes. :)

Also, just ordered a Mighty Magnet FF-3 and cleaning pads. Wowser on the price, but honestly, I just spent 30min cleaning the sides of my tank and got a sore arm, all wet and my kids were still saying that they did not think it was even dirty. So, I figure the cost is worth it on my body and time. When done, I found spaces I missed.

Biggest plus for this new magnet is my rabbitfish. Ever since the transfer she has been a bit crazy. If i get my hand too close in the tank, she freaks out and jumps at me. I do not need another sting. Plus, I hate seeing her so stressed out.

I will get pictures soon. Still introducing corals to the system and getting a nice order of fish soon. I plan on 15 talbot damsels and 7 azure to add some movement and color. I also hop to add another clown pair. I move my skunks to sump and clarkiis to tank. I think my percs will be goo in the tank if the clarkiis behave. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my Mighty Magnet. Cannot wait to use it.

Also, my engineer goby passed away. I do not know how old she was as she was full grown when I got her years ago. I will be replacing her with some jawfish and a goby shrimp pair or a sand sifter possibly.

Carpet is doing great. Clarkiis layed eggs already. I tore apart rock work, so messed that up, but all is good and settling now. Maybe I will even get some pictures. Looks os bare without my huge corals I had. Guess I have to wait for my current ones to grow.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after everything was just beginning to settle down, all heck broke loose. My husband told me one morning that he heard noises and crazy sound from the tank. I went to check and it appears the carpet anemone decided to put itself in the rockwork. I mean, I set up a perfect sandy area in the middle of the tank and it decides to go knock over rocks and settle in the mess.

So, in this process, I find my angelfish dead and lawnmower dying. Lawnmower died a few hours later. No signs of anything wrong. Now, my other fish are showing crazy signs of not doing well. Eating fine, but just not right. Hard to explain as I just know my fish.

So, I am adding kanaplex and metronidazole and focus in the food to see if it is bacterial in nature. I think all the disruption was too much for my older fish. Hopefully the younger ones will tough it out. Sooooo frustrating.

I have an order of cleanup crew and could smaller fish coming in on Wednesday. Ordered prior to this mess. Guess qt will hold them longer than originally designed.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, after everything was just beginning to settle down, all heck broke loose. My husband told me one morning that he heard noises and crazy sound from the tank. I went to check and it appears the carpet anemone decided to put itself in the rockwork. I mean, I set up a perfect sandy area in the middle of the tank and it decides to go knock over rocks and settle in the mess.

So, in this process, I find my angelfish dead and lawnmower dying. Lawnmower died a few hours later. No signs of anything wrong. Now, my other fish are showing crazy signs of not doing well. Eating fine, but just not right. Hard to explain as I just know my fish.

So, I am adding kanaplex and metronidazole and focus in the food to see if it is bacterial in nature. I think all the disruption was too much for my older fish. Hopefully the younger ones will tough it out. Sooooo frustrating.

I have an order of cleanup crew and could smaller fish coming in on Wednesday. Ordered prior to this mess. Guess qt will hold them longer than originally designed.
Sorry. Please keep us posted.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. I have lost both my blackfoot clowns (I have had since babies and they were around 7 years with me), my yellow tang too. I have barely slept and I am so frustrated. I have been doing this for years and always qt my fish. These fish ahve been with me for so many years it is killing me.

I set up a hospital tank and am going to treat with formalin as i have it on hand. Then Ruby Reef Rally is on its way. I think it is velvet, but no idea how it got there. As I said, have not added anything new except a carpet anemone and of course the tank move.

The clowns look rough, the trigger looks rough. The puffer and rabbit actually look okay. Maybe someone will survive. Have not found my dragonette for two days. Tomorrow I am tearing out rock to get all fish into qt. Stressing them out tonight is honestly not worth it. They are all tucked into bed.

Just sitting here crying and losing my mind...

My 40g and 30g and 6g and 5g are all perfectly fine. Just my big tank move one. Also, I did basically qt the carpet for 4 weeks or so. I have no idea what is going on.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. I have lost both my blackfoot clowns (I have had since babies and they were around 7 years with me), my yellow tang too. I have barely slept and I am so frustrated. I have been doing this for years and always qt my fish. These fish ahve been with me for so many years it is killing me.

I set up a hospital tank and am going to treat with formalin as i have it on hand. Then Ruby Reef Rally is on its way. I think it is velvet, but no idea how it got there. As I said, have not added anything new except a carpet anemone and of course the tank move.

The clowns look rough, the trigger looks rough. The puffer and rabbit actually look okay. Maybe someone will survive. Have not found my dragonette for two days. Tomorrow I am tearing out rock to get all fish into qt. Stressing them out tonight is honestly not worth it. They are all tucked into bed.

Just sitting here crying and losing my mind...

My 40g and 30g and 6g and 5g are all perfectly fine. Just my big tank move one. Also, I did basically qt the carpet for 4 weeks or so. I have no idea what is going on.
I live in northern ky and have ruby reef. Want me to bring it up?

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I am now fallow in my main system. Funny thing is the fish were looking better today. Maybe it was bacterial and food was helping. Well, I will use both in qt.

Took all rock out to get fish. Gave me a chance to re-scape, but what a hassle. So much easier in my small systems. I have not had to do much in this large system for over 7 years. It was nice it being so self sustaining.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the remaining fish are in qt and looking so much better. They actually looked much better before I removed them. Maybe it was bacterial and the antibiotics in the food helped. I still removed them as I want to make sure we are clear of issues. So, tank looks horribly bare, but some cuc and a few corals. My carpet is not too happy without his clowns, but he will have to be for now.

So far, all well in qt. Just have to watch ammonia with this crazy load of fish.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, spoke too soon. Poor babies. I treated with Reef Ruby and all was looking great. Yesterday, I was so busy with kids, that I did not get to the qt. Well, this am, I found my male clownfish dead and all the rest looking worse. Now we have cloudy eyes and just general yucky.

The male clown was the one showing no signs this whole time. AAHHGGG!

Well, I am beginning a Metronidazole and Kanaplex protocol for the next 7 days. I think it is a bit cramped in my 20gL for the fish and this is not helping, but I am out of options. I may have to find my 10g and separate out the puffer. He has shown no symptoms like the others.

I hope the trigger and rabbit and female make it through. I think I have high hopes for the puffer. :)

My new jawfish and watchman shrimp pair are doing great in their qt.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, lost the female clown and trigger. I am just beside myself. I have never lost fish like this in 15+ years. Rabbit looks rough, puffer the same.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just lost rabbit and puffer a few hours ago. Puffer still had no signs of anything. Well, I guess I am certainly fallow for a while.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, tank has been fallow since 9/27. So, now just waiting. The carpet anemone seems to be be doing okay. The corals are fine and the btas are fine too. Most cuc are still hanging in there and fine too.

Trying to get some pictures, but I cannot even get the darn camera to take one. It is my hubby's camera and I am clueless. Maybe one day I will get some done.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, the magnet I got works amazingly well. I got the algae scrub bag and the extra scraper. Haven't had to use anything other than the bag. It is great. Have to make sure to rinse out though. Sand gets into it easily when you do the sand line.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back