OP
DaddyFish

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger Systems sent me extra sensor holders so that I could separate the sensors in the fleece chamber and run the high-level sensor at a higher position to accommodate my 9.5-10" water level in the center/sump chamber.

I learned something about the TS system worth sharing... Do not attempt to invert the sensor brackets and have the sensor stem/float alongside the magnetic mounts. The magnets will interfere with the float operation and cause the float to stick. The magnet portion must be away from the sensor itself.

IMG_20210526_101717521.jpg

The fleece system seems to be working well now. I also have a sample of a new, higher flow rate oriented fleece from TS to try. Will report back on that in a couple weeks.

Started running UV last night for the first time. Water clarity has significantly increased in just one night. At present, about 40% of my return pump output is redirected to the UV unit. That means roughly 560 gph of the 1400 gph flow is being UV'd before it returns to the DT. There is no measurable increase in the UV output water temp (less than 1-degree).

IMG_20210526_102754252.jpg

Not everything is tied up neatly yet. Waiting until I get the Hydros system and sensors installed to finalize all the cable ties. But all AC power cords are suspended well off the floor and no power cables, AC or DC are below sump height.

IMG_20210526_102832532_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
DaddyFish

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I discovered a problem with trying to run reduced flow (for feeding) combined with a high water level in the Trigger Systems Platinum sump. I'm only using one of the two available drain connections to the fleece chamber. When you drop the flow and the main drain starts to churn and foam, water and foam rapidly rises out of the adjacent/unused drain connector since it's not capped. I had water everywhere!

So this evening I heated some 1" PVC to make an angled riser pipe that would fit in the available space and redirect any foam or spills back into the sump via the center/skimmer chamber. So far it tests okay.

IMG_20210602_172241236.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back