OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you guys please give up the habits. My father was one of the early cancer researchers in lifestyle choices and how it effects the disease and without a doubt you are increasing your exposure to lung cancer and oral cancer. I have had to take care of oral cancer patients and it is not pretty. I only say this because I care about you both even though we have never met. Don't mean to preach or pry but I want what is best for you and your friends and family!:)

Hope I did not offend you at all :(
No offense, I appreciate the kind words. I keep telling myself to pull the trigger and do it but haven't.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey you guys please give up the habits. My father was one of the early cancer researchers in lifestyle choices and how it effects the disease and without a doubt you are increasing your exposure to lung cancer and oral cancer. I have had to take care of oral cancer patients and it is not pretty. I only say this because I care about you both even though we have never met. Don't mean to preach or pry but I want what is best for you and your friends and family!:)

Hope I did not offend you at all :(

No offense taken, @Lowell Lemon . I, for one, have very thick skin and, as I'm told, a very thick skull to match. However, I truly do value your input on many things and also greatly appreciate your friendship. So, thank you!

You will be happy to know I will be stopping very soon. Running and smoking are two things that definitely do not mix and I will be starting to run again this week.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, calling all planted tank lovers or just plant lovers. I'm looking for different ideas on place I can grow emergent. I plan on have my aquascape and hopefully some plants above the water line for this tank. I've considered a peace lily and a buddy is trying to talk me into a mangrove, but looking for some other ideas.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, calling all planted tank lovers or just plant lovers. I'm looking for different ideas on place I can grow emergent. I plan on have my aquascape and hopefully some plants above the water line for this tank. I've considered a peace lily and a buddy is trying to talk me into a mangrove, but looking for some other ideas.

I got nothing as I barely know what I'm doing with FW planted. Matter of fact, I have very few plants and don't even know their variety. I'm excited about learning new things though.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll look back through my pictures to see what I used to keep. I know I kept some amazon frogbit. My hatchetfish were always swimming through it.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prolific jumpers as well. I have a 55g planted, i have some wood that will be going in soon. need to get some rock. it is just a bunch of plants at this point. One of my faves is the Madagascar lace
Oh good to know, I’ve never owned them. This tank will not have any type of cover on it.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All sorts of goodies coming tomorrow from amazon. Also just got notification that UPS as been notified about the tank. So I’m assuming it will be on it’s way tomorrow. Waiting to hear the BRS order is on its way and one more from aquariumplants.com.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First plants have been ordered. I was trying to decide on a plant I could grow emerged and I decided on mangroves. Found a buyer a buddy trust and ordered a group of 7. I don't need 7 but that's the bundle being offered so I will keep 3 or 4 and take the rest to him. My tank wont be ready but I can care for them temporarily at home till it is.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some goodies showed up today, Amazon is much faster then the 3 other vendors sending stuff. What's a build thread without some pictures of goodies. The power strip is not nearly impressive as a salt water tanks. I kept thinking I was missing something when I realized there is only 4 things to be plugged in.

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice @mch1984 ! Cannot wait to see this grow. Did you say you secured a drop checker? I have one you can have free if needed.
Thanks for the offer but yes I did, it should be here tomorrow. I was planning on using the one that I had with the old co2 system but it was trash but I have already ordered one from Amazon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back