OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the beginning of this thread was a 22 gallon planted that is doing great. I’ve decided this thread will also just be my general whatever thread as well. Ill keep updating the 22 gallon as well. So I’m going to talk about a tiny project I’m doing because I don’t want a new build thread. A while back I put together a 50 gallon low boy frag tank. It’s up and running but I have had no time to take care of a frag tank properly. I have a yellow tang (please don’t arrest me) and a pair of mocha vinchi clowns in it. I don’t want to get rid of them so my wife talked me into doing a low maintenance lagoon. I needed a decent skimmer and @Scurvy hooked me up with that. Also needed some rock and sand. A local reefer has 50lbs of pukani he’s making me a deal on. So all I need is sand. Here is the sad tank that is my frag tank at the moment. Excuse the mess in the room, we are getting ready to redo it.

189BD41C-ED69-4AA2-960C-5320390AA7FF.jpeg

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I need three things to make the conversion on the frag tank; rock, sand, and a skimmer. I went to pick up the rock and my buddy had a 40lbs bag of special grade as well. So I have everything I need to convert over. I think the wife and I decided to spend the 4th redoing the office with this being part of it. I get some pics of the rock tonight.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crusso1993, I have fallen off the exercise wagon but the wife are about to settle in and get serious. My new job offers a free nutrition coach, and we are both going to sign up. I figure if we are going through the trouble of that we will get serious about working out as well. Plus the new job as me in the shop more and tearing down pumps more, so that helps getting out of the office and sweating.

The only thing worse than starting over is NOT starting over. Thanks for the inspiration @mch1984 . We haven't heard from @Jeight in a while but I'm guessing he's been doing well.

I hate to admit it but this was a tough one. I had to take 3 short breaks. Even though I was going slow, my HR was up near 180 and I didn't feel like I needed to push it so hard. Temp was about 86 and, well, I've been smoking way more than I care to mention. Additionally, I weighed in at 265lbs this morning which is 10lbs heavier than I was when we originally started. Nevertheless, it's a beginning.

Screenshot_20190625-175240_Connect.jpg

This was about the point I was wondering what in the blazes I was doing...

20190625_173902.jpg

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing worse than starting over is NOT starting over. Thanks for the inspiration @mch1984 . We haven't heard from @Jeight in a while but I'm guessing he's been doing well.

I hate to admit it but this was a tough one. I had to take 3 short breaks. Even though I was going slow, my HR was up near 180 and I didn't feel like I needed to push it so hard. Temp was about 86 and, well, I've been smoking way more than I care to mention. Additionally, I weighed in at 265lbs this morning which is 10lbs heavier than I was when we originally started. Nevertheless, it's a beginning.

Screenshot_20190625-175240_Connect.jpg

This was about the point I was wondering what in the blazes I was doing...

20190625_173902.jpg
I refuse to mention how much I weigh right now, it's pretty bad. We have officially been assigned our coach and they have set our calorie goals, and they are insane. I'm suppose to eat 2,660 calories a day with 233g of carbs, 200g of protein and 103g of fat. I can eat a lot of food, but pulling off 200g of protein in a day will be tough. My poor wife, her biggest problem is she doesn't eat, they are making us so our metabolism with crank up. She's going to struggle eating enough for a while.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refuse to mention how much I weigh right now, it's pretty bad. We have officially been assigned our coach and they have set our calorie goals, and they are insane. I'm suppose to eat 2,660 calories a day with 233g of carbs, 200g of protein and 103g of fat. I can eat a lot of food, but pulling off 200g of protein in a day will be tough. My poor wife, her biggest problem is she doesn't eat, they are making us so our metabolism with crank up. She's going to struggle eating enough for a while.

I am surprised they have you at such a high caloric intake with so many carbs too. I wonder how they came to their results. I also wonder how they will modify as you progress. It will be very interesting to follow along.

I'm not an expert but I have researched and studied many various methods. I also know many other athletes that have employed quite a number of various methods through time. Presently, I am not following any type of plan. I've been a vegetarian (2.5 years), pescatarian (2 years), heavy juicer (1 year) and high protein/fat and low carb guy. However, when/if I do get on one it will definitely be a high protein/fat and low carb one while incorporating juicing too. I realize there is a ton of info available online and through books. Depending on the source, "this" method or "our" method or "that" method is the "best". If you're interested, a great source of information is Dr. Tim Noakes out of South America. He's written a few books and is a brilliant man. More importantly, though, is his info is all backed up by legitimate scientific proof.

(I realize the irony of this commentary as I puff away on 2 packs a day!)

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't pretend to understand it all, but I watched a bunch of their videos. It's all about balance, building the right kind of weight, and boosting the metabolism higher. Once I get back in the gym, they will even have cycles where I am eating more calories then the estimated daily output. They are all about slow controlled weight loss and good gains. Their goal for me is 10lbs in 5 weeks, it's a slow and steady wins the race kind of program. As far as adjustments, I have to report daily my meal log and weekly my weight. They will adjust calories as much as once a week to get where they want. They also have hours of sleep goals and at least 3 workouts per week. They also want you to be within +/- 5 grams of each macro and +/- 50 calories of your daily goals.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't pretend to understand it all, but I watched a bunch of their videos. It's all about balance, building the right kind of weight, and boosting the metabolism higher. Once I get back in the gym, they will even have cycles where I am eating more calories then the estimated daily output. They are all about slow controlled weight loss and good gains. Their goal for me is 10lbs in 5 weeks, it's a slow and steady wins the race kind of program. As far as adjustments, I have to report daily my meal log and weekly my weight. They will adjust calories as much as once a week to get where they want. They also have hours of sleep goals and at least 3 workouts per week. They also want you to be within +/- 5 grams of each macro and +/- 50 calories of your daily goals.

10lbs in 5 weeks? I would think you could drop 10lbs with a couple two tree good craps! ;Hilarious

The sleep goal would be a big fail for me because I do not sleep much. Long story for another day.

I do like the monitoring aspect as it adds accountability. (Not that I would need any accountability because I'm accountable to no one!)

I truly hope it works well for you. I also hope we both stick with our plans this time. Sending good vibes.

OP
OP
mch1984

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10lbs in 5 weeks? I would think you could drop 10lbs with a couple two tree good craps! ;Hilarious

The sleep goal would be a big fail for me because I do not sleep much. Long story for another day.

I do like the monitoring aspect as it adds accountability. (Not that I would need any accountability because I'm accountable to no one!)

I truly hope it works well for you. I also hope we both stick with our plans this time. Sending good vibes.
I was dreading the sleep part because I was assuming they would want 8 hours a day, but they shoot for a minimum of 6 which I can handle. It will be tough once I start going to the gym again, because I do it in the mornings. So it's up at 4:15 for work outs and I will have to train myself to get to bed earlier. I also like the fact these people are local, it's not so far away coach they live work and play in the same area.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back