OP
OP
B

biguebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though these posts are all from today, the last video posted above was from two weeks ago. Still getting corals in the right places and once the SPS looks happy I will start getting the ugly plugs out of there lol. I ended up going with a crushed coral bed over the bare bottom. It always drove me nuts how difficult it was to clean the sand bed (I had the special grade Carib sea before) so I’m trying this out. So far I like it. The tangs seem to like it as well, they will graze it just like the rock work. Here is what the tank looks like today… excuse my 8 year old playing Minecraft in the background on video lol.
IMG_0007.jpeg
IMG_0002.jpeg
IMG_0004.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

biguebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did drilling for the overflow go, I want a external overflow so bad...
Haven’t done it yet - installed one of those external siphon based boxes I had around while I was waiting on my new larger one from modular marine. Took them a few weeks to get it to me. It looks like it was worth the wait but haven’t had time to drop the water level to drill it.

I drilled one of my other 125s, it really wasn’t bad at all.

Mathew0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good.
What are you using for flow/return?
I just started my 220 build thread with past updates from the last 3 weeks or so. Mine is gonna go a lot slower than yours, tho. The logistics of moving my 125 and replacing it with the 220 has my head spinning :rolleyes:.
I've never drilled a tank with fish in it. It's dang noisy. you'll want something to catch the shards and ground glass from getting into the tank. Give us a pic of that overflow box when you get a chance. I'm using the Eshopps large, but it feels too small, tbh.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back