220gal stock list

Giants2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've been doing more and more research on my future salt water tank and I wanted to see what everyone thought on my fish list:
1- Emperor Angel
1- either dog face puffer or stars and stripes
1- black & white meniscus butterfly
1- false double saddle butterfly
1- fox face
1- purple tang
1- blue hippo tang
1- Picasso trigger
1-Red Coris Wrasse or a green coris or Pinstriped Melanarus Wrasse
1- snowflake eel
2- clowns of some type

Not sure if this is a good stocking list for all the fish to get along. Also im interesting in suggestions possibly a fish that will clean the rocks and sand?
Thanks
 
Looks ok except I would not add the trigger or the eel.
The angel may not like the butterfly’s as it gets older and more dominate.
 
Looks ok except I would not add the trigger or the eel.
The angel may not like the butterfly’s as it gets older and more dominate.
Is the issue the butterfly's with the other fish? I do want a trigger so if I remove the butterflies what could I replace those with
 
Don’t replace them . You will have some room for the rest of the fish to grow. Think gallons per fish.
 
Hey everyone,

I've been doing more and more research on my future salt water tank and I wanted to see what everyone thought on my fish list:
1- Emperor Angel
1- either dog face puffer or stars and stripes
1- black & white meniscus butterfly
1- false double saddle butterfly
1- fox face
1- purple tang
1- blue hippo tang
1- Picasso trigger
1-Red Coris Wrasse or a green coris or Pinstriped Melanarus Wrasse
1- snowflake eel
2- clowns of some type

Not sure if this is a good stocking list for all the fish to get along. Also im interesting in suggestions possibly a fish that will clean the rocks and sand?
Thanks
Stars and stripes will outgrow the 220 in probably a few years assuming you start at baby size.

IMG_2603.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6120.mov
    40.4 MB
  • IMG_2818.mov
    88.7 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new