225 tank, stand, and canopy - free to a good home

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 225 tank 72 x 24 x 30 that has been running since 2001. On Feb 19 both of the top braces broke at the back. I drained it down to about the 3/4 level to reduce the strain while I could decide what to do next. Since we wanted it moved from the living room anyway we decided that this was an excellent opportunity to "upgrade" so we ordered three more tanks to take it's place. On Apr 30 we finally emptied the tank and made the cutover. Now it's time for it to go out the front door.

It never leaked a drop. One of the guys from Ocea who delivered the new tanks looked at it and said that they could repair it with a piece of glass for the top brace if I could get it down there. I don't know that much about it but it may be worth a try. It also would be a good reptile habitat.

I'm offering the whole thing; tank, stand, and canopy for free to the first one who can come get it by May 9th. While a donation will be welcome it is not required. This thing is *heavy*. It will take 4 good men to carry it (and I'm not one of them). Located in Huntsville, AL,

I'm posting it here in the local forum for a day before I post it in the general forum. Reply here if you're interested. I'll take people in the order that they respond.

Here's a pic of one of the broken braces.
225problem_1.jpg

Here's a couple of pics I took this morning. This is how it looks now but it will clean up very nicely, pretty much scratch free.
old_tank1.jpg

old_tank2.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go for it Phil!!

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garth will let me know today if he is going to get it. If not bclark and phil are next in line.

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garth fell through. bclark, you're next in line, sent you a PM.

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now the tank is spoken for. Stay tuned for further updates!

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you got home safely with it Brian. It was good to meet you and your buddies. Good luck with the tank. I'll be waiting for the pics.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.8%
Back