OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be the most aggressive tank stocking I've ever seen haha. How does everyone not murder each other?

LOL well, it happens sometimes...

Porc Puffer ate my Pineapple Trigger...I can tell you this Puffer might be the meanest fish in the tank. I literally thought it was going to take my finger off.

I flung it across the room and it was completely unfazed. I just picked his butt back up and plopped him in the water after I made sure I still had a finger.

Feedings are chaotic at times but I've removed some fish that couldn't compete for food, humu, dogface and niger.

The worst was the Porc Puffer bit off the bird wrasse beak/face and it survived...luckily my LFS took it in and its in a 1000 gallon now but that was a cool fish.

My all-time worst fish is a Blue Line grouper which killed a huge niger trigger and arrowhead basslet, that fish had 0 redeemable qualities.

I was messing with the return for 1 second the other day and the Starry Puffer came outta nowhere and bit me.

100% you will get bit if you put your hand in which is the worst part.

OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is that emorer snapper now. Dont they get 36"?
Grew a lot at first but not much after 6 inches or so.

Sohal, clown trigger, starry puffer, porc puff and queen trigger literally don’t stop growing.

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya your porcer is big. Saw one in st thomas snorkeling that was the size of a garbage can

He’s huge and mean as hell. I’ve had lfs people tell me they have never seen a porc puffer act like this one. I’ve considered giving it away but I’m morbidly curious as to how wild it will get. I’ll be upgrading to a 400 gallon in the spring/summer.

The queen trigger is mean but I’ve never felt a bite like this puffer gave me. Really felt like it was crushing my finger lol.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet. Nasty beak on those things. I have had queen triggers dart at me and bite me in ocean. Doesnt feel good. Think the older that queen gets the worse it will get tempermant wise.

OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet. Nasty beak on those things. I have had queen triggers dart at me and bite me in ocean. Doesnt feel good. Think the older that queen gets the worse it will get tempermant wise.

I'd be freaked out if I ran into a QT out there. As you said the way they dart is unreal. I was just putting the lid on the tank the other night. As my hand got close it timed the dart so well that it got a pinch on me. I dropped the lid into the tank and water went everywhere lol.

This is from a few months ago, it's even more aggressive now. The little scratch you see above its mouth is from darting into the glass as I move around my office when it's trying to attack me.

I want to put something in the 230 with it but I'm not sure what maybe a huge Lionfish.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that thing looks mean. Im not sure what you could put with it. I noticed in ocean they usually have a 4x4 area and nothing comes in or out of it. Even sea turtles move around them. The other fish in ocean know to STF away!!

OP
OP
0MNSH1ZLLC

0MNSH1ZLLC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that thing looks mean. Im not sure what you could put with it. I noticed in ocean they usually have a 4x4 area and nothing comes in or out of it. Even sea turtles move around them. The other fish in ocean know to STF away!!

4x4 would be about 230 gallons lol. I'll put some damsels and chromis in there, maybe try a clown and a nem. If anything lives its a bonus. I wonder if a Lionfish sting could kill it? I don't think I want to find out.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back