233 Gallon Custom with Basement Fish/sump Room

TOMACONDA

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2024
Messages
253
Reaction score
156
Location
UPSTATE NEW YORK
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5750.jpeg
IMG_5175.jpeg
Mixed Reef Tank Planet Aquarium Demensions 72x30x29, Bashsea SS-60 Signature Series Sump, 60 x 15 x 16 in. - Red/Black


Return 2 VarioS-10 Controllable DC Pump (4220 GPH) - Reef Octopus

Water Flow and Circulation Equipment
  1. Powerhead 4 VorTech MP40mQD - Mobius Ready QuietDrive Propeller Pump
  2. Wavemaker 1 Gyre XF350 Cloud Edition - Double Package (2x 5280 GPH)
Aquarium Lighting

  1. I am currently Running 3
  2. Radion XR30 G6 Blue LED Light Fixture​

  3. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature77Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

​

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration​

Substrate Sand Bottom ,level 2 inches Substrate Dry

  1. Protein Skimmer RED SEA 900
  2. Filter Sock (WED&SUN)
  3. NYOS TORQ G2 - currently running ACTIVATED CARBON
Water Changes YES Water Change Details 20% every MONTH VIA AUTO WATER CHANGE THE DOS

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)​

Fish List
  1. BI color Angelfish
  2. 2 Clownfish
  3. Lawnmower Blenny
  4. Fire Fish
  5. Diamond Goby
  6. Tomini Tang
  7. 2 Yellow Tang
  8. Royal Blue Tang
  9. 2 Pj Cardinals
  10. 2 Yellow Wrasse
Total Fish4Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Holy Grail
  3. Banana Torch
  4. Chalice
  5. Duncan
  6. BLASTOS
  7. ACAN
  8. Mandarin Mashup Yuma Mushroom
  9. Fanta Freak Yuma Mushroom
  10. Kobe Bean Acro
  11. Red Ferrari Acro
  12. Yodaz Acro
  13. Sour Patch Acro
  14. Bubble Bath Acro
  15. Paletta Blue Acro
  16. Bluebery Diesel
  17. Sleepy Hollow Millie
Anenome

2 Rockflower

Total Invert List
  1. 45xAssorted Red & Blue Leg Hermits
    10xScarlet Reef Hermits
    25XL Nassarius Snails
    20xAstrea Snails
    15xCerith Snails
    5x Turbo Snails
    2x bristle stars
    Pincushion urchin
    Long spine urchin

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)​

Fish Feeding FrequencyMultiple Daily FeedingsCoral Feeding FrequencyDo Not Feed Coral DirectlyFish and Coral Feeding
  1. Pellet
  2. Frozen
  3. Algae Strips
  4. Reef Roids

IMG_5840.jpeg
IMG_5902.jpeg
IMG_5836.jpeg
IMG_5839.jpeg
IMG_5830.jpeg
IMG_5832.jpeg
IMG_5831.jpeg
IMG_5829.jpeg
IMG_5826.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Following along!
 
Impressive! On the distance between Basement sump/pumps and display tank - how many feet (as the water winds its way through pipe and fittings)? Do you know the head pressure your working with? Or did you plumb it and hope for the best that the pumps used with work?

Also, as I go through my planning process, I'm waffling between Bashsea 60 and Reef Synergy 60 or 72. Any reason why you picked Bashsea?
 
If I remember right I am at 28ft with the various 10 put my just shy of 4000gph. the various 10 pump had a great chart displaying this. I chose the Bashsea do to a friend having one and my really liking the fit and finish and wanted to bring my water volume to 300g. Doing it over I may have went the route of a reef mat. instead of socks. but I do love the look and feel of the Bashsea
 
How do you like the Varios 10s? Still working for you?
Yeah, I originally wasn’t 100% convinced that they were going to be enough really I’m only running them at about 28% so far so good. They are big and I had to modify my sump to fit both of them
 
Yeah, I originally wasn’t 100% convinced that they were going to be enough really I’m only running them at about 28% so far so good. They are big and I had to modify my sump to fit both of them
Thanks...thinking about one for a basement sump as well.
 
Impressive! On the distance between Basement sump/pumps and display tank - how many feet (as the water winds its way through pipe and fittings)? Do you know the head pressure your working with? Or did you plumb it and hope for the best that the pumps used with work?

Also, as I go through my planning process, I'm waffling between Bashsea 60 and Reef Synergy 60 or 72. Any reason why you picked Bashsea?
What did you decide ?
 
Mixed Reef Tank Planet Aquarium Demensions 72x30x29, Bashsea SS-60 Signature Series Sump, 60 x 15 x 16 in. - Red/Black


Return 2 VarioS-10 Controllable DC Pump (4220 GPH) - Reef Octopus

Water Flow and Circulation Equipment
  1. Powerhead 2 VorTech MP40mQD - Mobius Ready QuietDrive Propeller Pump
  2. Wavemaker 1 Gyre XF350 Cloud Edition - Double Package (2x 5280 GPH)
Aquarium Lighting

  1. I am currently Running 3
  2. Radion XR30 G6 Blue LED Light Fixture​

  3. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature77Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

​

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration​

Substrate Sand Bottom ,level 2 inches Substrate Dry

  1. Protein Skimmer RED SEA 900
  2. Filter Sock (after water change day)
Water Changes YES Water Change Details10% every Sunday Currently exploring a Auto Water Change Via the Dos

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)​

Fish List
  1. BI color Angelfish
  2. 2 Clownfish
  3. Lawnmower Blenny
  4. Fire Fish
  5. Diamond Goby
  6. Tomini Tang
  7. 2 Yellow Tang
  8. Royal Blue Tang
  9. 2 Pj Cardinals
  10. 2 Yellow Wrasse
Total Fish4Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Holy Grail
  3. Banana Torch
  4. Chalice
  5. Duncan
  6. BLASTOS
  7. ACAN
Anenome

2 Rockflower

Total Invert List
  1. 15xAssorted Red & Blue Leg Hermits
    10xScarlet Reef Hermits
    15xXL Nassarius Snails
    20xAstrea Snails
    15xCerith Snails
    5xTurbo Snails

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)​

Fish Feeding FrequencyMultiple Daily FeedingsCoral Feeding FrequencyDo Not Feed Coral DirectlyFish and Coral Feeding
  1. Pellet
  2. Frozen
  3. Algae Strips
  4. Other
Auto Feeder yes once mid day

IMG_5491.jpeg
Finally wrangled all those pesky cords
image.jpg
 
Mixed Reef Tank Planet Aquarium Demensions 72x30x29, Bashsea SS-60 Signature Series Sump, 60 x 15 x 16 in. - Red/Black


Return 2 VarioS-10 Controllable DC Pump (4220 GPH) - Reef Octopus

Water Flow and Circulation Equipment
  1. Powerhead 2 VorTech MP40mQD - Mobius Ready QuietDrive Propeller Pump
  2. Wavemaker 1 Gyre XF350 Cloud Edition - Double Package (2x 5280 GPH)
Aquarium Lighting

  1. I am currently Running 3
  2. Radion XR30 G6 Blue LED Light Fixture​

  3. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature77Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

​

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration​

Substrate Sand Bottom ,level 2 inches Substrate Dry

  1. Protein Skimmer RED SEA 900
  2. Filter Sock (after water change day)
Water Changes YES Water Change Details10% every Sunday Currently exploring a Auto Water Change Via the Dos

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)​

Fish List
  1. BI color Angelfish
  2. 2 Clownfish
  3. Lawnmower Blenny
  4. Fire Fish
  5. Diamond Goby
  6. Tomini Tang
  7. 2 Yellow Tang
  8. Royal Blue Tang
  9. 2 Pj Cardinals
  10. 2 Yellow Wrasse
Total Fish4Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Holy Grail
  3. Banana Torch
  4. Chalice
  5. Duncan
  6. BLASTOS
  7. ACAN
Anenome

2 Rockflower

Total Invert List
  1. 15xAssorted Red & Blue Leg Hermits
    10xScarlet Reef Hermits
    15xXL Nassarius Snails
    20xAstrea Snails
    15xCerith Snails
    5xTurbo Snails

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)​

Fish Feeding FrequencyMultiple Daily FeedingsCoral Feeding FrequencyDo Not Feed Coral DirectlyFish and Coral Feeding
  1. Pellet
  2. Frozen
  3. Algae Strips
  4. Other
Auto Feeder yes once mid day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new