24 gallon aquatop

fishingchuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gradually I’m working on setting up my aquatop 24 gallon aio tank. My wife was using it as a qt tank but now has everything moved out so I get to set it up. It’s going to be a slow process. I replaced the sand with 20lb of Carib sea live sand and probably places about 10lb of established live rock. I have the stock led light. Plan on changed out to a prime had before adding any corals. Also need to add an ato at some point. I’m about a week in and the diatoms are starting to appear. I’m hopping to stock a pair of clowns, a possum wrasse and a goby of some sort. Probable do some zoas down the road and maybe a few acans.

F0806090-8EE0-4CA9-A273-5EA66C0AB5C5.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats, and enjoy!

Just set one up myself— I’m going for one large pulsing Xenia ‘tree of life’ (Lol). I must say I never heard of Aquatop until I bought this one. So far, so good.

Attachments

• 0180781E-ACBB-41A6-B2FF-41B55738735C.jpeg
    0180781E-ACBB-41A6-B2FF-41B55738735C.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 64

mherb24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gradually I’m working on setting up my aquatop 24 gallon aio tank. My wife was using it as a qt tank but now has everything moved out so I get to set it up. It’s going to be a slow process. I replaced the sand with 20lb of Carib sea live sand and probably places about 10lb of established live rock. I have the stock led light. Plan on changed out to a prime had before adding any corals. Also need to add an ato at some point. I’m about a week in and the diatoms are starting to appear. I’m hopping to stock a pair of clowns, a possum wrasse and a goby of some sort. Probable do some zoas down the road and maybe a few acans.

F0806090-8EE0-4CA9-A273-5EA66C0AB5C5.jpeg
I have the 40 gallon version of this tank. I have the same fish you are planning. 2 clowns, yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp, yellow banded possum wrasse. I also have a green spotted mandarin.

They all interact with one another perfectly. I still want to add a few schooling fish, just have not found them yet. Don’t want anything aggressive.

Hows your setup going?

I dumped the stock light in favor of the AI Prime 16HD. Replaced the media cubes with Purigen and Cemipure Elite. Still using the ceramic rings, stock skimmer and the sponge that’s in the first chamber.

Any mods?

OP
OP
F

fishingchuck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to get through the new tank uglies. Got rid of the diatoms and just finishing up with cyano. Now on to the green hair algae. I started stoking with the possum wrasse,black cap bassalet and a chestnut blenny. I haven’t seen the wrasse in a few days. I know they are notorious for hiding. Hopefully he’s ok. I also wound up adding a flame scallop. My wife bought it for her tank but I told her that her lobster would probably eat it so it went it mine. I’m still planning on adding the ai prime and a few other things as time and money permit.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back