24 NANO UPGRADE RETURN PUMP

  • Thread starter Thread starter lowlow411
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lowlow411

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2Rs
I have a nano eco 24 cube with a wavemaker. The pump flows 475gph and 275gph on the wavemaker.
I need advice on what I should do. With the wavemaker seems to much flow but keep the debris moving to the filter. Some corals happy, others get blown around. If I leave wavemaker off, fish are happier, most coral happy, but food stays around.
Can I upgrade my return pump or change my wavemaker?
Thanks in advance
 
Hello R2Rs
I have a nano eco 24 cube with a wavemaker. The pump flows 475gph and 275gph on the wavemaker.
I need advice on what I should do. With the wavemaker seems to much flow but keep the debris moving to the filter. Some corals happy, others get blown around. If I leave wavemaker off, fish are happier, most coral happy, but food stays around.
Can I upgrade my return pump or change my wavemaker?
Thanks in advance
Why not set the wave maker on a simple power timer so it only runs for 15-30mins a several times a day? This would make all your animals happy, and stir up detritus intermittently!
 
Have you tried changing position of your wavemaker? It doesn't seem like too much flow to me, but I guess depends how you position the flow. Personally I like my wavemakers high in the tank, pointed upwards to agitate the surface, but doing this also creates higher flow up top of the tank and usually creates a low flow area down lower in the tank. Perhaps post a picture if you can.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new