24" Photon V2+ vs (2) AI Prime HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan,

Currently running two AI Prime HDs on my IM Nuvo 20. After taking another PAR mapping and making some adjustments, I'm starting to consider new lighting for the tank. Do you have any comparison data between these two lights? I bought a 32" fixture from you on black Friday, and haven't set that tank up yet. Giving some thought to placing the 32" fixture over my Nuvo just to see color spread and get a sense of the two fixtures.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Logan,

Currently running two AI Prime HDs on my IM Nuvo 20. After taking another PAR mapping and making some adjustments, I'm starting to consider new lighting for the tank. Do you have any comparison data between these two lights? I bought a 32" fixture from you on black Friday, and haven't set that tank up yet. Giving some thought to placing the 32" fixture over my Nuvo just to see color spread and get a sense of the two fixtures.

Hi, We don't have a direct comparison as there are so many lights out there, and most of them have their own data. We do have a PAR chart of our own, with the lights at full power, through water in a running reef tank:

Par value guide Photon 32 V2.jpg

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Logan - super happy with the Photon V2+ over my Nuvo 20. The additional spread is just what this tank needed to get the far left and right areas of the tank. I'm now thinking I need the 16" unit for my Waterbox 20 build! And I have a 32" unit in the closet waiting for my 80 gallon build.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back