Logical_Plan

Logical_Plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time:

Stand:
Stand builder sent me the photo of my frame. It looks beastly, can't wait for it to be there the first week of the new year!

QT:
Three QT tanks are up and cycling, simple set ups, heater, powerhead, HOB filter and some plumbing for fish hiding spaces. Added some bioballs to the HOB filter from my rock cycling system. I was surprised that they are not processing ammonia as well as I would have thought. Perhaps the bio balls did not have long enough in my cycling system. That is alright, plenty of time for QT to finish cycling on its own.

Aquarium Hearts:
Sicce Syncra 9.0 - Going to use for mixing station and to pump saltwater to my aquarium for filling.
Sicce Syncra 3.0 - Going to use as a dedicated feed to my skimmer Reef Octo 250 Ext, I think this might be undersized in the long run, but I can upgrade later, should be good for the next year or so when stocking is low.
Vectra L2 - Main return pump, Should net me about 1800GPH after static head and minor losses. This should let me turn over my displays at 5x and leave me about 600GPH for devices off the manifold.

Skimmer:
Reef Octo Regal 250 Ext - This thing is a monster. He is sitting in the sump right now, but I am going to set him up external. Being new, I didn't realize that skimmer output was gravity return. Good thing I have a bit of extra height in my stand. Looks like I will have to drill an extra hole in the sump for the skimmer return. I also think that I am going to try and find a thin jug to drain the skimmate into, taking off the top container seems like it could be messy at this size skimmer.

Water Mixing Station:
Bins are here and stands are built. Plumbing parts are here as well. This weekend, I plan on getting everything cleaned up and plumbed, then start filling. Will be nice to have 100 gallons of RODI and 100 gallons of saltwater on hand instead of mixing as I need it right now.

Thanks for reading! I can barely contain my excitement. Will be nice to settle into just fish and corals after all this setup is complete!

Attachments

• 4099147511282163306.jpg
    4099147511282163306.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Aquarium toilet bowl.JPG
    Aquarium toilet bowl.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 49
  • QT tank.JPG
    QT tank.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Some aquarium hearts.JPG
    Some aquarium hearts.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 32
  • Water Mixing - before plumbing.JPG
    Water Mixing - before plumbing.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Water mixing plumbing parts.JPG
    Water mixing plumbing parts.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 45

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back