Glass Cages 218g Build

How high up did you hang your GNC Blu-ray’s? I’m doing a build and from what I read on one post they said 27 cm( 14.5”) off the water and that seems pretty high. I’m doing mainly LPS on a waterbox 330
 
How high up did you hang your GNC Blu-ray’s? I’m doing a build and from what I read on one post they said 27 cm( 14.5”) off the water and that seems pretty high. I’m doing mainly LPS on a waterbox 330

Mine are about 10” height. I didn’t use a specific formula for that though. In part I’d say it would differ based on how many fixtures you have. GNC recommends 15-18cm which seems awfully low to me. I haven’t done a par test on them yet. I have them set on low setting while the tank is cycling but I am happy with the spread and coverage for what I can see.
 
The tank has been up and going officially since 9/13. So far, as has been great. I had a bag of biomedia that I had placed in a family member’s sump back when I first placed the order for the tank. I added that and about 5 pounds of live rock from the LFS first. Round 2 consisted of Fritz Turbostart and adding a few fish. Round 3 was 20 pounds of live rock and 4 pounds of live sand from Gulf Live Rock.

All has been running well. I still have not turned on the protein skimmer. This is my first time using the Red Sea Reefmat and so far I’m really enjoying having it. It definitely beats washing filter socks or swapping filter floss! The Biospace reactor is still running with no leaks. I do have the lights running, but at a low percentage. We have a trip coming up the first week of October, so I plan to just let it do its thing and cycle over the next 2-3 weeks. Aside from some clean up crew and possibly some pods, I don’t plan to add anything else or mess with anything until I get back from my trip.

Current stock list:
3x Blue/Green Chromis
Flame Hawk
Flame Tail Blenny
Carpenters Flasher Wrasse
 
Here are a few updated pictures of the tank. Things are going smoothly as it’s going through the initial “ugly phase”. For now, I’m just enjoying having a reef in my home again. A few pictures to show my flame hawk and carpenter’s flasher wrasse, a hermit with a barnacle growing on its shell, and a hermit laying on his back while staring at his piece of sand😂

Wanted to also share a picture of the sump. In order, I have the Reefmat 1200, Bashsea Biospace Reactor, some biomedia and live rock, Reef Octopus Elite 220-INT protein skimmer, and the Vectra L2 return pump.



IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg
 
I said I wasn’t going to… I probably shouldn’t have… but I did! Ever since I saw a picture of the longfin black storm clown fish, I’ve wanted a pair. But then I saw the prices, and was always deterred. However, with this being a dream tank, I figured I might as well get my dream clowns. I have a pair of black storm round tail longfin clownfish ordered. I’m very excited to add these. One of these days I’ll get them a nice nem as well.



IMG_0756.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new